Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

5/30 off 10 is a fair effort in any format, let alone a World Cup match.

Pakistan in with a chance, depending if Jekyl or Hyde shows up.

Has a real whine in his voice atm, like he is frustrated that he is the smartest guy in the room and is tired of having to explain the obvious to dumb arses who can’t see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bowling attack was underwhelming last night.

Richardson, Coulter-Nile look lost at the moment. I’m sure it’s the English conditions.

Going into the game without a spin bowler was a mistake and I hope it’s not repeated. Lyon should have played.

I note that Mitch Marsh is on standby to replace Stoinis. I wish it was Josh Hazlewood. We desperately need a bowler who can bowl 10 tight overs.

Watched the cricket until the 41st over last night. When Maxwell holed out it was all over.

Bowling was difficult last night. It reminded me of street cricket with a tennis ball. Despite the rantings of the commentators the Indian bowlers were only slightly better than the Australians.

Warner was the problem last night. He looks to have the world on his shoulders. Terrible decision by him ran out Finch who looked set for a big one. And then he takes forever to score his 50 runs. He goes a run a ball and we’re close to winning the game.

I think he should sit out a couple and reflect on why he’s so worked up that he can’t cricket properly. Bring in Marsh and open with Usman.

Smith is the complete opposite and looks superhuman given the pressure he’s under.

Shout out to Virat for telling off the Indian (and pommy) spectators for booing Smith. I’m not a Virat fan but who knows after that gesture.
For someone who has more money than god, who is the symbol and emblem of Indian cricket in its current context, Kohli is remarkably Australian in his mindset and his attitude to the game.

He wants to play his opposition at their best.

Can’t win the World Cup in current form.

Were on target to make 370+ and didn’t even bat the overs out....

Good teams will punish you for those lapses later in the tournament.
Blame the selectors who couldn't wait to drop players for Smith and Warner, despite Khwaja's vastly superior form as an opener compared with anywhere else in the order, Handscomb's dual ability to bat either offensively or to consolidate an innings depending on the situation, and the inclusion of Turner or someone else other than Maxwell who can hit the ball around faster than strike rate 100.

Playing cricket the way it was played in 2016, without the talent depth to overcome the lack of contemporary tactics.

Could you tell Uzzie to lift the rate.....as the clouds roll in.
Cricket commentators must be reading BF as well, just made the same call.

Hi Clarkie, stop with the whinging tone please, sound like a sober Slobbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back