Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"On a surprisingly green surface, England captain Joe Root reasoned if his side could negotiate a tricky first session the pitch should flatten out and offer the best batting conditions of the game."

:D

I'm going to say this, though; the balls that got Root and Bairstow in the first dig were absolute peaches. Root got a ball that swung out and seamed back in to hit the top of middle, Bairstow got a ball after they spent 2 overs dragging him across that angled back in to hit the top of off. There are plenty of blokes who'd be out to those two.

Adair, in my opinion, looks like someone who - if they'd grown up in Australia or South Africa - would be an absolute gun. Better than medium pace, able to get early and late swing as well as substantial movement off the seam, and Murtagh is as metronomic as anyone I've ever seen.

Commentary going on about Broad's batting, how he's fallen off a cliff.

Give any competent Australian cricket coach 6 weeks, they could cure him of his short ball phobia. Hell, ask Amla to work with him. If Broad wanted to know bow to curb his blatant fear of the short stuff, he could; that he hasn't demonstrates how difficult it is to leave the England XI once you have been selected.

Jeez, that's a good shot from Curran. Back a length just outside off, and he puts him through extra cover off the back foot, doesn't truly back away but gives himself room and stayed balanced through the shot. It isn't in any textbooks, but it's gone along the ground all the way to the boundary.

Bit of jazz in a classical venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back