Portfolio Australian Football Association (not soccer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets pretend the Aussie soccer association has a different name in this universe.

HEADER.png

The billionaires of Australia have come up with the idea to create a footy league full of privately owned clubs to compete with the AFL with the intention to become the number one sports league in Australia.

Cheers to 1990crow and just_kick_it for the idea

Last edited:
The founding club of this league is the Brunswick Brewers

After acquiring Ikon Park for an absolute bargain, they were initially going to attempt to create a new AFL club to play in it but had to deal with the fact that there are already enough AFL teams in Melbourne, and Brunswick will most likely suffer from having a small fanbase. This is when one of the new owner's friends sat him down and explained to him the possibility of creating a new Aussie Rules league to compete with the AFL and all the benefits that would come with it.

The newly renovated "Kia Stadium" is now the headquarters of the AFA.

when designing the redevelopment, they decided to hire professional abstract and graffiti artists to paint the whole renovated stadium in murals to create a "vibe" that suits Brunswick perfectly, along with the craft beer only bar on the eastern stand and high-quality baristas located all over the stadium.

Brunswick is the most supported club in the AFA with most fans knowing it as "Founders FC"

BRUNSWICK.png

Last edited:
Interesting concept, based on this first team I think you've absolutely nailed the vibe you're going for and I really like this design. Doesn't seem too unreasonable as a real life design and you've really managed to bring that franchise-y style from the US over to a sport that doesn't have those styles, yet it still can match both sides. Extremely excited to see where the rest of this portfolio goes!

The second team is the Darwin Hurricanes

Darwin was ecstatic to get an invite to the league from Brunswick and agreed to join straight away.
They purchased TIO Stadium from the NT government and renovated it to a much larger size.
Despite the criticism the stadium got for being "too big" for the population of Darwin, the Hurricanes faithful pack the stadium every home game and the atmosphere is always electric

DARWIN.png

Last edited:
Next up, The Tasmania Devils (obviously, what else would you call them?)

When Tasmania got invited to the AFA, the whole state decided to boycott the AFL, and for good reason. They have been asking for an AFL team for years and never got it but with being one of the first places that got asked to join the AFA, they absolutely jumped at the idea.

Tasmania struggle with bottom 3 finishes yearly and keeping their star players due to not being a part of the mainland but they still have one of the most loyal fan bases in not only the AFA but even more than some clubs in the AFL.

TASMANIA.png

Last edited:
Next team to join is the South Eastern Stars.

The amount of support this club got and how quickly it got it, took the whole football world by storm.
The Stars originally tried to buy Casey Fields but in the end, due to how far away it is from the CBD, decided to construct a state-of-the-art stadium from scratch in Heatherton.

This stadium is the first Aussie Rules stadium to feature a fully collapsible playing surface that takes its own elevator to an area under the stadium to make room for the stands to extend in to create a rectangle playing field for soccer and rugby. Transporting the whole playing field underground means the extended stands won't damage the grass. This changes the capacity from 70,000 to 83,000.
Not only is a brand new stadium being built in Melbourne enough to win over a lot of fans, but it's less of a hassle to get to on game day for a lot of eastern suburb football fans.

Karkarook Oval has won a bid to host an official NFL game in the coming years.

SE-STARS.png

Last edited:
Only thing I'd like to see here is change this portfolio to a completely privatised league. IE no existing clubs, and for it to be a breakaway competition competing against the AFL.
Allows for a full set of 18 new clubs and designs.
good idea I'm actually going to do that. cheers

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really like this idea and started something similar a couple of years ago. The premise being a large sporting brand (rebel) with the backing of some US billionaires created a breakaway league (like the Super League) to compete with the AFL and the breakaway league started to poach AFL stars to be a part of their teams.

Im really looking forward to see where this goes!!

I really like this idea and started something similar a couple of years ago. The premise being a large sporting brand (rebel) with the backing of some US billionaires created a breakaway league (like the Super League) to compete with the AFL and the breakaway league started to poach AFL stars to be a part of their teams.

Im really looking forward to see where this goes!!
Do you mind if I change it to how 1990crow reccomended? I don't want to steal your idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is excellent from top to bottom. Brilliant designs, an incredible template, and a cool take on an alternate league idea.
cheers mate! I really wanted to debut this template in a competition along with a front and back version but competitions seem to have completely died around here. either that or I just can't find them lol

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
cheers mate! I really wanted to debut this template in a competition along with a front and back version but competitions seem to have completely died around here. either that or I just can't find them lol

I love that template!

We're definitely in a competition lull, but these things usually ebb and flow. I'm sure it'll come around shortly for a late start Can-Am or maybe even a 2022 NAFL if something can be sorted.

Next is the Brisbane Venom

Brisbane was sceptical about joining the AFA because of the lower Aussie rules following in the state but ultimately decided to redevelop Aspley Football Clubs oval into a smaller stadium and put in a team and it seems to have worked out for them.

BRISBANE.png

Up next is the Subiaco Crocs
(Shout out to my indigenous mate for helping me with the design)

Subiaco Oval was due to be demolished to make way for office buildings but the Crocs swooped in just in time to buy the stadium and renovate it to one of the nicest stadiums in the league despite not upgrading the capacity.

Subiaco is the first team in either the AFA or AFL to wear an indigenous design as their main strips to recognize the ancestors of the land which gained them a lot of supporters. Subiaco has the most indigenous players out of every team in the league and they perform the war cry before every home game that rallies the crowd into one of the loudest in the league.

SUBIACO.png

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Up next is the Subiaco Crocs
(Shout out to my indigenous mate for helping me with the design)

Subiaco Oval was due to be demolished to make way for office buildings but the Crocs swooped in just in time to buy the stadium and renovate it to one of the nicest stadiums in the league despite not upgrading the capacity.

Subiaco is the first team in either the AFA or AFL to wear an indigenous design as their main strips to recognize the ancestors of the land which gained them a lot of supporters. Subiaco has the most indigenous players out of every team in the league and they perform the war cry before every home game that rallies the crowd into one of the loudest in the league.

View attachment 1426080
That is outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back