Australian Football Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

stattosoftware

Debutant
Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry for the cross-post, but I've been working on an Aussie Rules management sim, Australian Football Coach, at http://www.australianfootballcoach.com/

The pre-order's not quite ready yet because I'm finalizing the father-son module and fixing some final bugs. However, I've posted a demo version which lets you play the first 9 games of the season. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I really want the game to be as good as possible.

Also, accurate lists are the biggest problem with the game at the moment, so don't be surprised if your favorite player isn't very good. Probably 70% of the player attributes are still randomized.

Last edited:
Wicked. Hopefully this will be better than footy fanatic. Will try it out soon (will play alot of this to give you the most important fixes.). Just watched the preview.

- During the game add a feature that tells you who is having a good game and bad game (or a percentage of how effective they are if you can.) (this is so it is easier to tell who to remove and who to put back in). I would suggest just adding a small picture next to player name or something like that.

Last edited:
Played this game very quick (5-10 min). Btw. I used a program that converted this game to be playable on mac. First of all great concept however, this game can improve. One of the issue I had was that I was not able to open multiple tabs like footy fanatic was able to. My advice would be:

- During game day please allow to to open player stats in another tab. What happened was it just opened the player stats but I had to switch back to the selection tab if I wanted to make changes. It would be good if you would be able to open multiple tabs so you can switch back and fourth easily without exiting one tab.

Played this game very quick (5-10 min). Btw. I used a program that converted this game to be playable on mac. First of all great concept however, this game can improve. One of the issue I had was that I was not able to open multiple tabs like footy fanatic was able to. My advice would be:

- During game day please allow to to open player stats in another tab. What happened was it just opened the player stats but I had to switch back to the selection tab if I wanted to make changes. It would be good if you would be able to open multiple tabs so you can switch back and fourth easily without exiting one tab.

Thanks you. Match ratings and better match engine screens are now on the to-do list, though I can't promise FF-style pop-ups.

Which program did you use to open the game on Mac? A Mac version is planned.

I used wineskin winerly to convert. Also I would ask you to contact skippo to help you with this. He made a well rounded rating system in Footy fanatic.

Suggestion: A tactic plan. What I mean is you can load a tactic during a game (a premade tactic).

Last edited:
played around for around 15 minutes, said Andrew Swallow won the Player of the Week. Me being me i checked his game statistics they were: 41 Kicks, 99 Handballs, 140 touches, 5 marks, 22 tackles and 2 behinds.
Is this down to the gameplay side or simulation stats being whacked out like they were with Gameday release Madden 15?

played around for around 15 minutes, said Andrew Swallow won the Player of the Week. Me being me i checked his game statistics they were: 41 Kicks, 99 Handballs, 140 touches, 5 marks, 22 tackles and 2 behinds.
Is this down to the gameplay side or simulation stats being whacked out like they were with Gameday release Madden 15?

It's a bug in the match engine. Occasionally players will pick up a ton of disposals, with more than twice as many handballs as kicks. Not entirely sure why it's been happening, but I think it's been fixed in a future version.

Same thing happened to me, but with Goldstein. He got 127 disposals. The young player of the week got something like 50 disposals as well. I couldn't find any more really overly inflated stats like Goldstein's, but there were several around the 40-50 disposal range. So it would be good if whatever is causing the North players to get the unrealistic stats is fixed, and for the stats generation to be toned down a bit so 40-50-disposal games are a lot rarer.

Same thing happened to me, but with Goldstein. He got 127 disposals. The young player of the week got something like 50 disposals as well. I couldn't find any more really overly inflated stats like Goldstein's, but there were several around the 40-50 disposal range. So it would be good if whatever is causing the North players to get the unrealistic stats is fixed, and for the stats generation to be toned down a bit so 40-50-disposal games are a lot rarer.

The bug wasn't limited to North. I'll get a new version out soon which removes the bug.

Just released a major update to this game (redone interface, updated tactical engine). It's not quite all the way there yet, games not a bit too low scoring, and any thoughts on how to make the game better are welcome.

The demo and full versions are available at http://www.australianfootballcoach.com/

I hope you enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd also love to do that.

Not entirely sure how, to be honest. I've heard of wineskin working, and I've emailed a beta tester how they got it working - though I think they dual-boot, to be honest, and no response yet. Will update if I hear anything.

I can also tell you the game's being developed in such a way where creating a Mac version simply requires access to a Mac with a working copy of the compiler. May be able to get a version out by the end of the year, but even if that's possible, the updates won't be as frequent.

If you do attempt to get it working, please let me know how - happy to walk you through the process as much as I am able - and if you do get it working, please let me know what you think/what you'd like to see improved. Would appreciate it.

I'm quite excited for this, and will definitely buy the Mac version when released. I love management games (and sunk a lot of hours into Footy Fanatic) so I'm always on the lookout for an AFL management game.

Kudos on all the hard work.

I'm quite excited for this, and will definitely buy the Mac version when released. I love management games (and sunk a lot of hours into Footy Fanatic) so I'm always on the lookout for an AFL management game.

Kudos on all the hard work.
Yep, keen to get a Mac version here too :)

Sorry to bump, but the 2015 version is now out for Windows. Updated lists and lots of improvements. There's a free demo on the website if you're interested, http://www.australianfootballcoach.com/

Working on the Mac version starting Monday, could be out very soon if everything goes well.

Hey mate, just wondering if youre considering an iphone app as well? would love to get this on my phone and play it while sitting around at work!

Very keen for the Mac version mate, also interested to know if player ratings can be edited in game and how player potentials are determined etc

Very keen for the Mac version mate, also interested to know if player ratings can be edited in game and how player potentials are determined etc

There's a player editor in the game along with a basic custom league creator.

Players don't have a fixed potential. They have a rate at which they train/improve which changes over time, which you use your scouts to figure out. You could pick up a player the scouts project will be a superstar, he blows out his ACL in training, doesn't train for a year, and never is the player he should have been. It also means you can get average players who peak but then start working hard to sustain the level they're at for years.

There's a player editor in the game along with a basic custom league creator.

Players don't have a fixed potential. They have a rate at which they train/improve which changes over time, which you use your scouts to figure out. You could pick up a player the scouts project will be a superstar, he blows out his ACL in training, doesn't train for a year, and never is the player he should have been. It also means you can get average players who peak but then start working hard to sustain the level they're at for years.

sounds like a good system mate, just had a quick look at the demo, a lot to like. some little bugs are Jonathan Giles being on the Dogs list and Zaine Cordy listed as ruck rather than B/HB. looks very promising though

Giving it a quick spin, noticed that the stats during games aren't accurate. I'm sure you would've picked it up.

Eg. I've noticed Griffen is getting a fair bit of the ball but is on 0 disposals at half time.

Giving it a quick spin, noticed that the stats during games aren't accurate. I'm sure you would've picked it up.

Eg. I've noticed Griffen is getting a fair bit of the ball but is on 0 disposals at half time.

Thank you, the bug's been fixed. Oddly no one had picked it up yet and the statistics haven't been calibrated in awhile - most of the recent development has been with list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back