Australian Football Hall of Fame - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

If Neitz is a Hall of Famer ... then Fev must be a shoe in

Similar records with Fev playing 100 less games
And here we go

Neitz is more worthy, As people said, Played a heap of games down back, if he played forward his entire career he would of been finishing up with 700-800 goals.

Captain of his club, F+B over an AA jersey and a Coleman, Plus off-field stuff does put a line through you, Hence why Cousins isnt in it yet

Glass a very good full back but when comparisons are made, experts always say "its either Silvagni or Scarlett" for the best ever, or to quote FoxSports "Scarlett revolutionised the fullback position, turning into an offensive weapon out of the defensive 50."

Simply put, Scarlett was better for longer and did things Glass couldn't, but statistically over their careers Scarlett had better averages anyway.

And here we go

Neitz is more worthy, As people said, Played a heap of games down back, if he played forward his entire career he would of been finishing up with 700-800 goals.

Captain of his club, F+B over an AA jersey and a Coleman, Plus off-field stuff does put a line through you, Hence why Cousins isnt in it yet

Where's Malthouse?

He has 1 less flag than Sheedy, yet holds the AFL/VFL games coached record, yet the latter was just elevated to a legend, the other isn't even in the hall yet.

Not sure about Neitz.

Tony Modra kicked 40 less goals in half the games. He's still not in.

Alastair Lynch is ahead of him in all time goal kicking, 3 x flags, also started career as a defender at Fitzroy.

Mick Malthouse also isn't even in yet, 3 x premiership coach, 1 x premiership player, VFL/AFL games record coached. Sheedy was inducted as a legend from the coaching section of the HOF, he only has 1 more flag than Malthouse and less games coached. He's a legend, Mick isn't even in the HOF yet.

He's the elephant in the room at the moment.

Don’t you have to be five years out of the game?

You have to be retired for 5 years do you not?

I thought that was only playing careers.

Sheedy was inducted in 2008, he retired from Essendon at the end of 2007.

Is there one? If so delete this one and point me in the right direction. If not consider this it.

David neitz first induction.. Call me harsh but no way does he deserve to be in there.
306 games & 631 goals (probably would have kicked closer to 800 if he played as a fulltime forward).
150+ games as captain
Coleman medal
AA FF
AA CHB (In his 3rd year)

Wayne Carey said he was in the top two toughest opponents he has ever played on. That is probably as big a wrap as you could get.

If he had of stayed as only a CHB or a CHF/FF his accolades would be even bigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W David Neitz

Explain why Neitz gets in when Ted Tyson kicked 1000+ goals and still isnt in

It's the VFL hall of fame + token SANFL/WAFL players, You had to be an absolute star to crack in the hall of fame playing in the SANFL and WAFL but just a pretty good player in the VFL

What about Merv Mcintosh? 3 Sandover 3 Simpsons (norm Smith) 6 B+F's

It's a joke, and this is not a crack at Neitz. Who was a fantastic player

Merv McIntosh would have eaten Neitz for breakfast.

Merv was not far behind Polly in ruckman greatness.

Don’t you have to be five years out of the game?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/event-news/hall-of-fame/about

"Players are eligible only after they have been retired from the game for at least three years. Coaches, umpires, administrators and media representatives are eligible only after retirement."

Again, so now, where the hell is Malthouse? Some sort of beef? 3 inductions he's missed since leaving Carlton.....

Who does poor old Garry Macintosh have to do to get a look in? Also if "good honest footballer David Neitz" can get in there, I can think of about 50 SANFL players who should be in there. I'm sure our WA people have similar stories.

Why not just name it the VFL hall of fame and be done with it.

Garry McIntosh was a damn good player, eons above Bickley & Neitz.

Winmar >>>>>>>>> Bickley & Neitz.

Congratulations to Mel Whinnen, a true gentleman of the game and a pleasure to view his handy work live. He with Billy Dempsey, Polly and Alan Watling, was great to see.

1998 inductee, do you mean as a Legend? Have to be a chance with 1417 goals from 224 games, kicked over the ton 11 seasons in a row. Reasonable record there.

I'm not sure if there will be a pure WAFL SANFL legend induction for a while, especially now since a lot of the early AFL guys are now reaching the time frame required to be considered.

You'd think the likes of Carey, Ablett Snr, Dunstall are next in line. Greg Williams is another that's a chance to become a legend tbh.

By the time these are inducted.

Ablett Jnr almost comes into consideration. Alistair Clarkson is a chance from the modern coaches as well, he's matched Sheedy's record already with plenty of years left in the tank.

Last edited:
I have posted about this before - Dick Clay - four time premiership player, top 5 B and F for nearly every year he played. He was in Richmond's team of the century, and named as Tiges 7th greatest player. He was a gun who could play anywhere and did. Other lesser lights have been nominated. Must make those Tiger supporters who saw him play scratch their heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back