Resource Australian Football Logopedia

Remove this Banner Ad

WA, SA, VIC, Tassie, Retro Football, Old Footy Logos, WANFL, WAFL, SANFL, TFL, QAFL, VFA, VFL, AFL, Australian Football

4eva Youngy

Retro Footy Logo Guru
May 26, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Hello Fellow Footy Tragics!

This thread is a historical graphic/pictorial collection of past Australian Football Club logos.
I wish to connect with like-minded enthusiasts who can swap historical imagery from resources like old football programs ie: Football Budget/Football Record’s, beer coasters, playing cards, and also for those who remember the old football newspapers like Inside Football, Westside Football, etc.
I am mainly interested in Pre-AFL logos, specifically our second-tier leagues today, that were all once proud and dominant leagues in each state.
Having collected and then digitally recreating them through vector graphic applications over the years, I have developed an extensive database covering WA, SA, VIC, QLD, TAS, NT.
My digital vector catalogue also extends beyond football into NRL, NSWRL, QRL, NBL, NSL, ABL, and other minor Australian sports leagues also.
If you feel you have an old club logo you would like to view as a large neat & clean image, rather than a tiny pixelated one from the net don't hesitate to let me know.

Enjoy a trip down memory lane!

In 1982, The West Australian Football League (W.A.F.L) unveiled the league's new branding brief.
Two clubs that were prominent in this new and exciting change were West Perth & East Fremantle.
West Perth "The Cardinals" eventually changed to "The Falcons" nickname having promoted the Falcon logo for a few seasons prior, whilst the premiership port city powerhouse of East Fremantle ditched their age-old confusing nickname in "Old Easts" to a more logical name in "The Sharks" in 1983.
(Note: East Perth during the war years in local vernacular were dubbed "Young Easts")

W.A.F.L Circa 1982

Last edited:
Hello Fellow Footy Tragics,

I wish to gauge the interest out there in the historical graphic/pictorial collection of past Australian Football Club logos.
I hope this post brings together like-minded enthusiasts who can swap historical imagery from resources like old football programs ie: Football Budget/Football Record’s, beer coasters, playing cards, and also for those who remember the old football newspapers like Inside Football, Westside Football, etc.
I am mainly interested in Pre-AFL logos, specifically our second-tier leagues today, that were all once proud and dominant leagues in each state.
Having collected and then digitally recreating them through vector graphic applications over the years, I have developed an extensive database covering WA, SA, VIC, QLD, TAS, NT.
My digital vector collections also extend beyond football into NRL, NSWRL, QRL, NBL, NSL, ABL, and other minor Australian sports leagues also.
To show you my good faith in this project, I plan to upload some different logos of yesteryear for you to enjoy and reminisce.
If you feel you have an old club logo you would like to view as a large neat & clean image, rather than a tiny pixelated one from the net don't hesitate to let me know.

First of all, here is
Mt. Gravatt Vultures (QAFL) circa 1987
Woodville (SANFL) circa 1980
East Fremantle (WAFL) circa 2015
Subiaco (WANFL) circa 1978
West Adelaide (SANFL) circa 1984
Clarence DIstrict (TFL) circa 1986

View attachment 1208220View attachment 1208230View attachment 1208233View attachment 1208234View attachment 1208232
View attachment 1208235
Incredible stuff

What logos are you after? There are some that I would like.
Hi Wiz!
Well, I’m not fussy. If I can get good clean big images of let’s say VFA clubs which are hard to come by that would be good. I’m ok with anything from WA, VFL, SANFL
I’m really into the WAFL, VFL mascot series especially the WEG mascot series from the SANFL at the moment. The roundel ones with the caricatures FOOTY TIMES SA 1983.jpeg WEGNORTHADELAIDE2.jpg 58CECAAA-C562-4F04-BBAD-929AC9FF5FC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Wiz!
Well, I’m not fussy. If I can get good clean big images of let’s say VFA clubs which are hard to come by that would be good. I’m ok with anything from WA, VFL, SANFL
I’m really into the WAFL, VFL mascot series especially the WEG mascot series from the SANFL at the moment. The roundel ones with the caricatures View attachment 1209738View attachment 1209746View attachment 1209755
This any help?

Here is the Mt. Gravatt Vultures jumpers I created from the logo you put up. Also a Cooparoo Kangaroos
Y1uvK27.jpg

peEHPvp.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever done the 1975 original VFL kids logos?
View attachment 1221348

I have the Essendon one but no others.
Yes, I have all 12 glossy cards, however to reproduce them in vector is always on the to do list, time I just don’t have at the moment Rob. My current project is TANFL/TFL logos, managed to chat with the guys over at Tasmanian Jumpers & Memorabilia group on Facebook, they’ve been very helpful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back