Competition Australian Gridiron League 2019 - Bidding Thread

Which logos do you like? (Can vote for more than one)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no talent for designs, but we need a Port Adelaide Sea Devils now!

Moniker: Sea Devils
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable): Black, White/ Silver / Sky Blue, Sea Green.
Mascot: Neptune.
Ground: Atlantis

I will need to draw it by hand. o_O
I mean I guess we can't say no, but see how you go using good ol' paint and some google image templates. Although its up to you my friend :)

I mean I guess we can't say no, but see how you go using good ol' paint and some google image templates. Although its up to you my friend :)
In fairness, by hand is probably easier than Paint depending on the design. That said, I still haven't tried paint.net.

I think I'll get this started now that NAFL is up and about, with around 8 bids with a couple maybes, I'm hoping we can get at least 8 just to get things started.
Season Hub thread will be up soon.

Hopefully a few more roll through with NAFL starting. Keep bumping the thread and linking it on the gridiron board

I might take a nibble, depending on the timing of this contest. When are you all looking to close submissions?
Bidding for teams should close pretty shortly (within the next few days) and then a couple of weeks to design and get submissions in (ideally I'd have liked everybody to already be designing, but I think this is a fair amount of time). As long as you have an idea for a team ready you can join :)

I have no talent for designs, but we need a Port Adelaide Sea Devils now!

Moniker: Sea Devils
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable): Black, White/ Silver / Sky Blue, Sea Green
Mascot: Neptune
Ground: Atlantis

I will need to draw it by hand. o_O

My first sketch for the logo is below. I had to use the phone, and the end result wasn't as good as I was expecting. Let's see if I can compensate using words [I'm a legal scholar and political scientist with a managerial job - not the guy one would expect taking part of a design contest]:

I. It is a trident, the weapon of Neptune (Poseidon), later associated with devilish spirits [it is the Sea Devils];
II. The background would be split horizontally at the middle, with see green on the top and sky blue on the bottom [this arrangement would be repeated on the helmet];
III. The trident has a silver outline [which should be both brigther and thinner than the one I have drawn];
IV. The main color of the trident is black, except for the middle spear, which is white;
V. The black part forms the goal posts used in American/Canadian gridiron football, but also docks for ships [it is PORT Adelaide, after all];
VI. The white part is a white arrow points upwards, which: (a) reflects the bottom part of the trident on the water; (b) completes the trident (three teeth); (c) shows the direction of the goal [and it is always pointing fowards, which is great for "designspeak"].

What do you all, who knows these stuffs better than I do, think of it?

Last edited:
Bidding for teams should close pretty shortly (within the next few days) and then a couple of weeks to design and get submissions in (ideally I'd have liked everybody to already be designing, but I think this is a fair amount of time). As long as you have an idea for a team ready you can join :)
Moniker: Islanders
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable): Dark Green/Light Green/Red/Gold

My first sketch for the logo is below. I had to use the phone, and the end result wasn't as good as I was expecting. Let's see if I can compensate using words [I'm a legal scholar and political scientist with a managerial job - not the guy one would expect taking part of a design contest]:

I. It is a trident, the weapon of Neptune (Poseidon), later associated with devilish spirits [it is the Sea Devils];
II. The background would be split horizontally at the middle, with see green on the top and sky blue on the bottom [this arrangement would be repeated on the helmet];
III. The trident has a silver outline [which should be both brigther and thinner than the one I have drawn];
IV. The main color of the trident is black, except for the middle spear, which is white;
V. The black part forms the goal posts used in American/Canadian gridiron football, but also docks for ships [it is PORT Adelaide, after all];
VI. The white part is a white arrow points upwards, which: (a) reflects the bottom part of the trident on the water; (b) completes the trident (three teeth); (c) shows the direction of the goal [and it is always pointing fowards, which is great for "designspeak"].

View attachment 756249

What do you all, who knows these stuffs batter than I do, think of it?
That's brilliant my friend! Using that as a guide you could try sketch that on a computer program, either online or on Paint and see how you go. It would just make it neater that's all but otherwise good start.

Is there a minimum requirement for the designs in this one? i.e. Front design, helmet, pants, socks, reverse design, logo, name font, etc...
Just a front and back of each kit (Home & Away). You can do socks and all the other nicknacks, but all you'll require is the jersey, pants and helmet. I'll put a template to follow sometime today.

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 756249

What do you all, who knows these stuffs better than I do, think of it?
Sea Devils (logo).png
I'm ready, despite the lack of skills. Forwards and upwards!

Back