Competition Australian Gridiron League 2019 - Bidding Thread

Which logos do you like? (Can vote for more than one)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

(Logo voting options below)

The bidding process for the inaugural season of the Australian Gridiron League (AGL) has commenced

- Rules for bidding -

• Pick a location within Australia, not too fussed on realistic population but try keep it within reason (don't pick bloody Betoota!)
  • Bids will be approved on a first in, best dressed basis. Try to keep a lookout for the locations/colour combinations already chosen as this will make it easier for you to decide.
  • Follow this template:
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable):

More details about the league will come out once we get more of an idea of the numbers but we have planned around having 10 teams give or take.

Planning to keep the bidding open for a week or two so we can give as much time for people to complete their NAFL submissions before focusing on this league. Also gives time for teams to play around with different templates to see what works.

So without further delay, let the bidding begin!

Last edited:

Moniker: Spartans
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable): Purple, Black, Silver, and Red

j8Y4ogx.png

Last edited:
I had fun with my Gold Coast Pirates identity in the flag comp and I reckon i'll carry it over if okay.

Moniker:
Pirates
Colours:
Light Blue, black, white

Alright I think the logo matter is decided now. Once all the bidding is done I'll make a high quality version available as we are allowing recolours for the league logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to run this no matter how many numbers we get (currently 5 submissions + 1 potential [Spanna]). Even just as a proof of concept and to give you all an idea of how it'll work when we have a lot more time to work with and slot it in at a better timeline.

B u m p

I think I will push out the bidding for another couple of weeks now seeming NAFL submissions, including my own, are starting to come in. We are hoping to get at least a couple more so we can have at least 8 bids but by all means focus on NAFL first.

Name: Saints
Colours:
Home: Black with Red hoops, black number panel, white cuffs, white collar, white side panels, white shorts/pants
Away: White with Red hoops, white number panel, black cuffs, black collar, black wide panels, black pants/shorts
Third/Alternate: Yellow with Red V, red cuffs, red side panels, red collar, red pants/shorts

So we have about 6 entries confirmed, 2 maybes. I'm happy to run it with that just to get the ball rolling for this year but I'll wait for NAFL.

Name: Saints
Colours:
Home: Black with Red hoops, black number panel, white cuffs, white collar, white side panels, white shorts/pants
Away: White with Red hoops, white number panel, black cuffs, black collar, black wide panels, black pants/shorts
Third/Alternate: Yellow with Red V, red cuffs, red side panels, red collar, red pants/shorts
That is incredibly specific.... There goes my design.

Thanks for your entry! I'd hate to be picky (and I probably won't as this is the inaugural season and you seem to have a pretty good concept for your team), but we'd like to have the teams atleast based in a more populated city, like Adelaide or perhaps even Port Pirie nearby.

If this would mess up your entire concept, do not worry. Just let me know if this can be done :)

Thanks for your entry! I'd hate to be picky (and I probably won't as this is the inaugural season and you seem to have a pretty good concept for your team), but we'd like to have the teams atleast based in a more populated city, like Adelaide or perhaps even Port Pirie nearby.

If this would mess up your entire concept, do not worry. Just let me know if this can be done :)
Adelaide Saints it is :)

Adelaide Saints it is :)
I have no talent for designs, but we need a Port Adelaide Sea Devils now!

Moniker: Sea Devils
Colours - (Primary/Secondary/Tertiary if applicable): Black, White/ Silver / Sky Blue, Sea Green
Mascot: Neptune
Ground: Atlantis

I will need to draw it by hand. o_O

Last edited:
Back