Other Australian Gridiron Leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

The teams are set for Victoria's biggest weekend on the Gridiron Calendar. If you're in VIC then make sure you head down to Moorabbin Oval, Saturday August 24 for the TGI Friday's VicBowl!

@10:30 It's the Div 2 Championship replay between the Melbourne Uni Royals and the Monash Barbarians.

@1:30pm We have VICBOWL XXIX between the renamed Geelong Buccaneers who are out for redemption against the Monash Warriors who took the title last year in double overtime.

Glory is just a week away!

The teams are set for Victoria's biggest weekend on the Gridiron Calendar. If you're in VIC then make sure you head down to Moorabbin Oval, Saturday August 24 for the TGI Friday's VicBowl!

@10:30 It's the Div 2 Championship replay between the Melbourne Uni Royals and the Monash Barbarians.

@1:30pm We have VICBOWL XXIX between the renamed Geelong Buccaneers who are out for redemption against the Monash Warriors who took the title last year in double overtime.

Glory is just a week away!

I'm planning heading down for the games :)

Any fellow BF guys heading down?

Congratulations to the Monash Warriors Gridiron Club on taking out both the Div I Vicbowl and Div II Championship.
The only club with two teams and they have certainly made history taking out both titles.
Well done to GV on their hard work with the day. Streamed all over the world for free!

Congratulations to the Monash Warriors Gridiron Club on taking out both the Div I Vicbowl and Div II Championship.
The only club with two teams and they have certainly made history taking out both titles.
Well done to GV on their hard work with the day. Streamed all over the world for free!

It was another great game to watch, The Buccs certainly made a game of it. Also was good to catch up with Woodson and peterbuch74

Another good day out at the VicBowl... great to catch up with the ol' Warrior boys again, and good to catch up with the fellow BF posters too.

Well done Warriors! Made me proud.

It was another great game to watch, The Buccs certainly made a game of it. Also was good to catch up with Woodson and peterbuch74

Still think you'd look the part if you had a canine on the leash.. :D Great to meet & have a yakety yak with axis_miles03 who I think is good as any of the previous champs to give the AE a serious shake this season. The burning Q was asked about whether ac83 can back up?? Still hoping to hear the post-mortem report from Bucketss.. what number did you wear? program said #1 but we never spotted you.. did you play?

Still think you'd look the part if you had a canine on the leash.. :D Great to meet & have a yakety yak with axis_miles03 who I think is good as any of the previous champs to give the AE a serious shake this season. The burning Q was asked about whether ac83 can back up?? Still hoping to hear the post-mortem report from Bucketss.. what number did you wear? program said #1 but we never spotted you.. did you play?

Yeah I better get on with my report. Well done to the Warriors who were by far the best team on the day. They did anything they wanted and apart from a brief moment when the Buccs finally wrestled momentum away, they dominated.

We were hit with injuries early to key players who form a big part of our defense but although it hampered their movement, the warriors offensive line controlled the day and we knew what was coming but couldn't stop it. One of our DB's was limited before the game and he unfortunately copped Alex on his side.

I was fit and ready to play as #3. The mistake was on our end with the team sheet listing me as #1 and I was forever changing it on gameday. I was a part of kickoff and 1 defensive play but that was all I wrote. Reminded me of the 2010 loss to the Warriors where I didn't contribute. The following year I was a starter and had the best season of my young career and we won the VicBowl so watch out in 2014 haha

Again a shame I didn't catch up with the BigFooty crew. Hopefully next year I may catch you at a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I better get on with my report. Well done to the Warriors who were by far the best team on the day. They did anything they wanted and apart from a brief moment when the Buccs finally wrestled momentum away, they dominated.

We were hit with injuries early to key players who form a big part of our defense but although it hampered their movement, the warriors offensive line controlled the day and we knew what was coming but couldn't stop it. One of our DB's was limited before the game and he unfortunately copped Alex on his side.

I was fit and ready to play as #3. The mistake was on our end with the team sheet listing me as #1 and I was forever changing it on gameday. I was a part of kickoff and 1 defensive play but that was all I wrote. Reminded me of the 2010 loss to the Warriors where I didn't contribute. The following year I was a starter and had the best season of my young career and we won the VicBowl so watch out in 2014 haha

Again a shame I didn't catch up with the BigFooty crew. Hopefully next year I may catch you at a game.
Buckets, What was wrong with Foxy?

I think there was an issue with his ankle. He was wearing one of those Velcro brace things or similar. Only way I knew, was because he was consistently being beat deep which is not like him at all.
Bucketss, I think you will find that Alex Moloney will beat almost anyone deep. The issue that you guys had was that you didn't have anyone back deep to cover the long passes as you were too concerned with the run of Whitey and Curley (and fair enough too, your Dlinemen were getting beat and your linebackers were getting blocked).
Usually you would have Beyno to sit back there to protect, and he normally does a great job reading the play, but without anyone deep, you're lucky not to have more deep passes.
Your offensive playbook has been the same for the past few years, might be time to give that a change.

Vic Bowl XXX This Saturday in Bendigo.
Going to be a huge event in front of a big crowd with a big screen and flamethrowers in the endzone.
The GV Exec have gone all out for their 30th Season Finale!
Get down and have a look, if you can't make it the game will be streamed live also.
Looking forward to a huge battle again. See you on the field Bucketss
2014-Vicbowl-Poster-427x600.jpg

Vic Bowl XXX This Saturday in Bendigo.
Going to be a huge event in front of a big crowd with a big screen and flamethrowers in the endzone.
The GV Exec have gone all out for their 30th Season Finale!
Get down and have a look, if you can't make it the game will be streamed live also.
Looking forward to a huge battle again. See you on the field Bucketss

It will be a great day/night and hopefully those watching online will get a decent stream but if you can, I suggest you make the trip. These 2 teams have locked horns in the VicBowl 3 of the last 4 times with the Warriors being too good on all occasions. The Buccs will have the answers this year though. Last year felt really flat after the double overtime loss the season before but every player is really switched on this year and the Rookies have had a great impact on the team.

I look forward to taking the field in some capacity against you and your guys Gridiron Warrior

A Great Day/Night out in Bendigo yesterday. A Day with good crowd numbers and a lot of views over the live stream. Flamethrowers and big screen board were definitely a big fan favourite there. Bad luck Bucketss you guys had a fantastic year!

Warriors now complete their second 3-Peat.

Vic Bowl Champs!
10641150_924027017614031_8566212245469687667_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back