Remove this Banner Ad

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I went back through many, many pages of threads looking for a thread focusing on Australian Music and didn’t find anything. There may be one but I haven’t found it so I’m starting this thread.

Anything Australian. New albums, new bands, old bands, singers, musicians, rumor's. Anything, as long as it’s Australian.

I’m going to start this with a couple of songs from the Southern River Band.

This is a video with effects straight from the 60’s but in colour and is a suitably daggy way to start an Australian Music thread.

And live.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Gina Rose Bruce from her new album "Misery and Misfortune".

DEVO

Are We Not Men? We Are...
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta, Carlisle, Ross County
I recently purchased the 30th Anniversary edition of the Clouds Penny Century album on LP. It is a brilliant album, one of the best Australian albums of 1990's

It's a shame they didn't have any commercial success, they were such a great band and a great live band they toured last month to promote the album but unfortunately, they didn't come to Canberra, and I couldn't make it to the Sydney show. :(

sherb

Hall of Famer
Sep 28, 2003
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Swans
My teenage years coincided with the renaissance of Aussie music in the mid to late 70s.

Countdown, Sherbet, Skyhooks, Hush, TMG, JPY, AC/DC (Bon era), LRB, INXS, Chisel, The Saints, Marcia Hines, Midnight Oil, The Angels, Dragon, The Sports, The Mentals, The Tatts, Air Supply, Split Enz, the late Renee Geyer, the late Jon English, The Radiators and others who I have forgotten........all these acts were either prominent or emerged or were formed during this period. (You can include the Bee Gees and the late Olivia N-J in there too if you want to consider them Aussies). And there was certainly a variety of musical styles in that lot to choose from.

It truly was a magical time to be following music, I'm not sure if there has been a period in Aussie music to match it.

Last edited:

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
This is a great concert. Nice sound for a live concert.

Remove this Banner Ad