Australian Open 2016 - Day 14

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to change the scheduling and play the mens doubles in the afternoon prior to the womans singles final.

Makes no difference. Players have won finals with shorter breaks. Nadal beat Verdasco in 5 sets then beat Federer in 5 in the final coming off the shorter break

The scheduling is odd, there's no match on during the day on that Friday. Why not play a men's semi during the day and have one at night time on the same day?

Then you have a shorter turnaround for the semi. You can't win.

Women's Doubles is Friday day anyway

Makes no difference. Players have won finals with shorter breaks. Nadal beat Verdasco in 5 sets then beat Federer in 5 in the final coming off the shorter break

I was talking about changing the mens doubles finals to a better timeslot. I don't have a problem with the singles semi's.

I was talking about changing the mens doubles finals to a better timeslot. I don't have a problem with the singles semi's.

My view is it should be BEFORE the womens final. Lets cut to the chase for a second, this year was unusual, but most womens finals maybe go what and hour maybe an hour and 20 min. Put the doubles before, start the womens final give and take 9pm.

Record since 2005 when the final was first held on Sunday night rather than Sunday afternoon:

2005 - Safin (Thursday) v Hewitt (Friday) - Safin (Thursday)
2006 - Baghdatis (Thursday) v Federer (Friday) - Federer (Friday)
2007 - Federer (Thursday) v Gonzalez (Friday) - Federer (Thursday)
2008 - Tsonga (Thursday) v Djokovic (Friday) - Djokovic (Friday)
2009 - Federer (Thursday) v Nadal (Friday) - Nadal (Friday)
2010 - Murray (Thursday) v Federer (Friday) - Federer (Friday)

2011 - Djokovic (Thursday) v Murray (Friday) - Djokovic (Thursday)
2012 - Nadal (Thursday) v Djokovic (Friday) - Djokovic (Friday)
2013 - Djokovic (Thursday) v Murray (Friday) - Djokovic (Thursday)
2014 - Wawrinka (Thursday) v Nadal (Friday) - Wawrinka (Thursday)
2015 - Murray (Thursday) v Djokovic (Friday) - Djokovic (Friday)
2016 - Djokovic (Thursday) v Murray (Friday) - Djokovic (Thursday)

Thursday = 6
Friday = 6

It doesn't make a difference when they play going by these trends. It's really the quality of the player that ultimately makes the difference.

Last edited:
Back