Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Full schedule of play: https://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/index.html
Weather: Becoming sunny 22C.
Coverage: Channel 7, or watch any match online at https://www.7tennis.com.au/live. You can also download the 7Tennis App to watch any match online on your digital device.

Men's Match:

federer-headshot15.png
vs.
wawrinka_head_16.png

Roger Federer [17] v Stan Wawrinka [4] - Rod Laver Arena (NOT before 7:30pm)

Women's Matches:

player_314464.jpg
vs.
player_230220.jpg

Coco Vandeweghe v Venus Williams [13] - Rod Laver Arena (NOT before 2pm)

player_120323.jpg
vs.
player_230234.jpg

Mirjana Lucic Baroni v Serena Williams [2] - Rod Laver Arena (after Vandeweghe v Williams)

Predictions:
Wawrinka in 5
Vandeweghe in 3
S.Williams in 2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could this be an all Williams final? It's been ages sinice they last played a final together, 2009 at Wimbledon.

Funny how the press is all "we want Fed-Nadal final" but barely any of them says "we want a Williams sisters final".
The Williams sisters have never been as popular in Australia as Fed and Nadal. It's the same as with Murray, really: the majority have never warmed to him. Channel 7 do a lot of stupid things but they do tend to play to their casual audience very well and I imagine that's the reason for the discrepancy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stan the man in 5 sets baby!
Coco in 3 sets
Serena in 2 sets

I've really enjoyed this open. I would love any of the 4 players in the men's to win from here. Stan is my main man but I have a lot of love for Fed and Nadal too. Girgor I'm coming around to as well after his last 2 disappointing years.

In the women's I initially didn't like Coco but I'm actually loving her confidence/arrogance now. Venus has always been my preferred Williams sister.

Lucic-Baroni probably won't beat Serena but what a story. Serena is Serena. I always expect her to win so it's never a disappointment if she does even if I would prefer any of the other 3 over her.

It's been a different year. Usually dominated by Djoker and Murray. It's been refreshing to see a different open this year!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Pretty decent game of doubles this one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One of the reasons for the lack of pump-up of a prospective Williams final is that the only reason it even constitutes a rivalry is because they're sisters. They've rarely played a memorable match despite their relative standings in the sport and length of time they've been playing.

$650!! I didn't realise they were that expensive

I think they go off initially at around $300 or thereabouts. I remember paying that much when I bought it online via ticketmaster back in 2010. (I may have even paid slight unders , buying the tickets in November of the previous year)

viagogo gives you the current price, I think its a supply and demand thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back