Australian Open 2017 - Day 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Malcolm Turnbull that's great and all tweeting about Federer but you know there are bigger issues than this.
Agreed.

Turnbull needs to start a royal commission into why Hame and Basil have jobs

If you mean "let the woman cook" then sure. I know my limitations and it isn't cooking much.

That said I enjoy doing baking.

75141585.jpg

How bout you cook something manly like a Thai curry or a stir fry :D

Last edited:
He's an all time great. I mean Maria Sharapova has only won 5 and no Olympic Golds and she's an All Time Great.

She's won them on every surface that's why.

Plus I wouldn't call her one anyway. Would need to win another 2 at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wasn't Mel McLaughlin doing the MC roles, I thought she was taking over from Bruce. Would be better than Basil at least she knows her sport.

Now to change channels an watch the greatest athlete in history in action Phil 'The Power' Taylor!!

Federer making that prestigious walk from Rod Laver arena, into Margaret Court arena, then out the doors, through the loading bays, via the carpark into the Channel 7 portables.

For a horrible moment, when they neared the car park, I was concerned they were going to make him pay for his parking.

He's pretty damn good to be world number 1 at a time when Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are playing. He has been in more Finals and could have 5+ if it wasn't for Novak.

When Novak, Fed, Rafa all have 10+ it is very generous to claim someone with a quarter of the Slams is an all time great. Very good player sure, but not a great.

Why wasn't Mel McLaughlin doing the MC roles, I thought she was taking over from Bruce. Would be better than Basil at least she knows her sport.

Now to change channels an watch the greatest athlete in history in action Phil 'The Power' Taylor!!

I don't remember seeing or hearing her once at the tourney

What is up with that

Probably one of the last great chances for both of them - not often going to be able to miss Murray and Djokovic on the way through
What?

Djokovic bundled out at the 2nd match, Murray was beaten by a guy who only seems to S&V... yet somehow Federer isn't a chance against them?

People were saying the same thing in this final, "oh look another Nadal win".

It is amazing that no matter what sport is playing that no one likes Hamish or Basil. They're beyond average.

Yeah on bigfooty, the only commentator everyone universally likes passed away 10 years ago but I have not seen one positive comment about Hamish or Basil in the 5 years they have commentated it's amazing.

I cannot see Hamish lasting on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back