Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Full schedule of play: https://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/index.html
Weather: Sunny 30C.
Coverage: Channel 7, or watch any match online at https://www.7tennis.com.au/live. You can also download the 7Tennis App to watch any match online on your digital device.

Men's Matches:

murray-headshot15.png
vs.
zverev_m_head_stapels16.png

Andy Murray [1] v Mischa Zverev - Rod Laver Arena (from 11am) - Last match of the day session at Rod Laver Arena.

federer-headshot15.png
vs.
nishikori_head_16.png

Roger Federer [17] v Kei Nishikori [5] - Rod Laver Arena (from 7pm) - First match of the evening session at Rod Laver Arena.

wawrinka_head_16.png
vs.
seppi_head_16.png

Stan Wawrinka [4] v Andreas Seppi - Margaret Court Arena (NOT before 2pm) - Third match at Margaret Court Arena.

tsonga_head_16.png
vs.
devans.jpg

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [12] v Daniel Evans - Hisense Arena (NOT before 4:30pm) - Last match at Hisense Arena.

Women's Matches:

player_313796.jpg
vs.
player_110552.jpg

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova [24] v Svetlana Kuznetsova [8] - Rod Laver Arena (from 11am) - First match of the day session at Rod Laver Arena.

player_315365.jpg
vs.
player_230220.jpg

Mona Barthel v Venus Williams [13] - Rod Laver Arena (from 11am) - Second match of the day session at Rod Laver Arena.

player_311470.jpg
vs.
player_314464.jpg

Angelique Kerber [1] v Coco Vandeweghe - Rod Laver Arena (from 7pm) - Last match of the evening session at Rod Laver Arena.

player_312469.jpg
vs.
player_316239.jpg

Sorana Cirstea v Garbine Muguruza [7] - Margaret Court Arena (NOT before 4pm) - Last match at Margaret Court Arena.

Predictions:

Murray - 3 Sets
Federer - 4 Sets
Wawrinka - 4 Sets
Tsonga - 3 Sets

Pavlyuchenkova - 3 Sets
Williams - 2 Sets
Kerber - 2 Sets
Muguruza - 3 Sets

Last edited:
Murray over Zverev in 3
Federer over Nishikori in 4
Wawrinka over Seppi in 3
Tsonga over Evans in 3

Kuznetsova over Pavlyuchenkova in 3
V.Williams over Barthel in 2
Kerber over Vandeweghe in 3
Cirstea over Murgurza in 3 (upset, looks a bit injured?)

Day 8 schedule prediction:
RLA day
Makarova v Konta
S.Williams v Strycova
Roanic v Agut

RLA night
Gavrilova v Pliskova
Nadal v Monfils

MCA
doubles
Brady v Lucic-Baroni
Thiem v Goffin

Hisense
doubles
doubles
doubles
Dimtirov v Istomin (not before 6pm)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

guarantee that all three rod laver matches will be straight sets. Hope I'm bloody wrong. Still looking forward to it.

Offsiders on ABC live from the tennis at 10am this morning with
Kelli Underwood, Darren Cahill, Christopher Clarey and Mel McLaughlin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Venus, closer to the sun than most."

Get it? Cause she's tall and Venus is a planet!

I can't tell if that pun is good or cringeworthy.
I actually think that's quite clever by Channel 7's standards.

Wow, Pavlyuchenkova actually doing something with her career. I remember when she came out of juniors and was so, so hyped, yet for years other than one or two decent runs she achieved nothing. As a low seed she would always lose early or lose to another seed at the first hurdle.

She's always performed poorly here in Melbourne, but she's going to pick up a lot of points this year, so her ranking will skyrocket. Good on her. Can't be bothered doing any research, has she changed coach or something? Just wondering whether it's all clicked finally.

I watched Pavlyuchenkova against Svitolina on Friday and I was very impressed with the way she played. Good shot selection and movement and seems mentally resilient these days. I wasn't surprised she beat Kuznetsova today.

Another convincing win for Venus Williams as well.

Last edited:
Go Zverev-san

Definitely challenging Murray so far. Good to see, I thought we might end up with bagels or breadsticks in this match.

Zverev serving for the set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back