Australian Open 2017 - Day 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Kei got anything left in him?

Soooo Zverev v. Federer. Should be fun.

He's one of my favourites but Kei is becoming a real disappointment in tennis - he just refuses to make the next step and jump into the top category. The comparisons to Ferrer are pretty spot on.
Nishikori is only 27. He's a youngster. It's only his 11th year on tour. Wait until all the more accomplished players retire. Then he'll have his chance. Right, The City Boyz?

Or wait until he is in his 30s. Because guys in their 30s have all the advantages. Right, Demosthenes and Belnakor?

It's unreasonable to expect Nishikori to be winning anything of note at this stage. Because the game has changed. Or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's one of my favourites but Kei is becoming a real disappointment in tennis - he just refuses to make the next step and jump into the top category. The comparisons to Ferrer are pretty spot on.
He's a really little guy. I'd be shocked if he ever wins more than a slam. To me, he's playing at about the top of what's possible for someone his size.

Nishikori is only 27. He's a youngster. It's only his 11th year on tour. Wait until all the more accomplished players retire. Then he'll have his chance. Right, The City Boyz?
Good god I still thought he was 25. Man I've been pathetic at following tennis recently. His time has expired now.

We need at least one upset. Cmon Coco!
I like CoCo. I like her attitude and I like her big serving game. Too bad for her she's up against my favourite female player on tour. I think Kerber's return game and reliability from the baseline will be too good for Vandeweghe tonight...but not by much.

Kerber in 3 sets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back