Australian Open 2017 - Day 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely well played from CoCo. Kerber needs to go back to the drawing board with her game. That serve is horrific, and when someone takes time away from her she has no way to get the point back on her terms.

Basil.... why, why, why did you say that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wow what a performance from Coco, she's quite a character.
Definitely, I didn't rate her chances in both the Genie and Kerber match but she has proved me wrong with good performances. Ch7 love that she has an edge to her personality and it may help win over the crowd.
Interesting little battle coming up with Muguruza.

How is Williams not ranked 1?

Points. Kerber with 2 GS and Olympic Finals and a Runners up at Wimbledon.

Kerber needs Serena not to win the whole thing to still be No.1

Extremely well played from CoCo. Kerber needs to go back to the drawing board with her game. That serve is horrific, and when someone takes time away from her she has no way to get the point back on her terms.

Nah this is a different Kerber to last year. Like there's no confidence or something or just lost that edge.

What happened?

Just pretty feral all throughout the Fed/Nishikori match; morons who thought they were hilarious interrupting/slowing play with garbage. Not sure how much came through on the broadcast but at some stage the hilarity of calling Nishikori "Gary" wore off - possibly by the third scream and certainly by the 450th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pretty feral all throughout the Fed/Nishikori match; morons who thought they were hilarious interrupting/slowing play with garbage. Not sure how much came through on the broadcast but at some stage the hilarity of calling Nishikori "Gary" wore off - possibly by the third scream and certainly by the 450th.
Oh yep now I think of it we could hear "nice Gaaary" and cries of "Gary" towards the end of the match on the broadcast.

Just got home, whilst I was sad Kei lost Fed was just too good over the course of the night. Can't say I expected much from Keber vs Vandeweghe but holy s**t can Vandeweghe play! If she plays like that she'll make the final easily.

I completely agree, they need to be kicking these campaigners out. The guy who yelled out twice during points in the last game should cop a ban for 5 years.

He's a really little guy. I'd be shocked if he ever wins more than a slam. To me, he's playing at about the top of what's possible for someone his size.

Otherwise known as Gasquet syndrome. Or maybe Ferrer is a better example, in his peak he smashed everyone that wasn't Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray but couldn't get close to those four.

I completely agree, they need to be kicking these campaigners out. The guy who yelled out twice during points in the last game should cop a ban for 5 years.
I'm totally fine with people having a bit of fun and don't mind a bit of yelling/banter, but when it gets repetitive and consistently interrupts the game and impedes on the enjoyment of others, they need to do more to stop it. I was sitting pretty close to the "Gary" group and they were irritating everybody around them all night. They had no idea of anything about tennis, they were just there to amuse themselves and be idiots.

I get that some people aren't used to the live tennis culture, but it's not ******* hard to pick up. Sit down, shut the * up just prior to the beginning of a point, and don't be annoying twats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back