Australian Open 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

She still plays well away from Oz. Made the quarters or semis at Roland Garros last year.
Stosur's preferred surface is definitely clay. She's never played that well on hard or grass courts.

Biggest fluke is how she managed to win the US Open a few years back. To this day I still don't understand how she pulled it off.

thompson playing out of his skin in this 5th set, up 4-1 surely he has the goods, will be a good match against thiem in the next round hopefully its a night match.

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask but anyone who's gone this year, what are my chances of saving some money and getting in with a junior ticket? Like are they strict on the barriers or what?

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask but anyone who's gone this year, what are my chances of saving some money and getting in with a junior ticket? Like are they strict on the barriers or what?

When I went like last time (2 years ago) they were strict on checking if I was concession. But I don't know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day 2

Seeds Out:

(18) Samantha Stosur - Lost to Heather Watson - Defending 10 - Loses 0 - 2016
(25) Timea Babos - Lost to Nicole Gibbs - Defending 70 points - Loses 60 - 1485
(28) Feliciano Lopez - lost to Fabio Fognini - Defending 90 - Loses 80 - 1330

Seeds Through:

(2) Novak Djokovic
(2) Serena Williams
(3) Milos Raonic
(3) Agnieszka Radwanska
(5) Karolina Pliskova
(6) Gael Monfils
(6) Dominika Cibulkova
(8) Dominic Thiem
(9) Rafael Nadal
(9) Johanna Konta
(11) David Goffin
(12) Timea Bacsinszky
(13) Roberto Bautista Agut
(14) Elena Vesnina
(15) Grigor Dimitrov
(16) Barbora Strycova
(17) Caroline Wozniacki
(18) Richard Gasquet
(20) Ivo Karlovic
(21) David Ferrer
(21) Caroline Garcia
(22) Daria Gavrilova
(24) Alex Zverev
(25) Gilles Simon
(28) Alize Cornet
(30) Pablo Carreno Busta
(30) Ekaterina Makarova
(31) Yulia Putintseva
(32) Philipp Kohlschrieber

Others through:

Jordan Thompson
Rogerio Dutra Silva
Kyle Edmund
Yoshihito Nishioka
Benoit Paire
Donald Young
Gilles Muller
Frances Tiafoe
Hyeon Chung
Marcos Baghdatis
Alexandr Dolgopolov
Denis Istomin
Andrew Whittington
Radek Stepanek
Carlos Berlocq
Ernesto Escobedo
Lucie Safarova
Jennifer Brady
Andrea Petkovic
Danka Kovinic
Mirjana Lucic
Naomi Osaka
Sara Errani
Jelena Ostapenko
Ana Konjuh
Irina Falconi
Mandy Minella
Donna Vekic
Oceane Dodin
Maria Sakkari
Anna Blinkova
Su-Wei Hsieh

first time and only time going to the tennis tomorrow. are there any bad seats that block the view like from the chair umpire

Any seats low in the stand on the chair umpire side are no good u wont see a thing
damn, i managed to snag two seats up front on the chair umpire side however towards the corner. (not on the corner but right next to it). only time going so hope i dont a sht view.

O'Connell played well last night against Dimitrov, his gets the ball back well and is very athletic. For someone ranked over 200 in the world to push the 15th seed to a tie break in the first set was very impressive. He could be one to watch for the future.

damn, i managed to snag two seats up front on the chair umpire side however towards the corner. (not on the corner but right next to it). only time going so hope i dont a sht view.

On a corner should be okay. What court did you get? The views depend.

Great news if you want to see better matches on TV Thursday!

Exactly. Happy enough for Kyrgios, Tomic and Dasha to in. The rest, meh. They are not going close to winning, what's the point of playing scrubbers. It is why I prefer having a few multis days 1-4, before really watching it from Thursday-Friday onwards.

The corners are fine away from the umpire u just might not see part of the opposite end of the court

O'Connell played well last night against Dimitrov, his gets the ball back well and is very athletic. For someone ranked over 200 in the world to push the 15th seed to a tie break in the first set was very impressive. He could be one to watch for the future.
Agreed his forehand was brilliant hes a journeyman type which u rarely see these days and they are the ones with the best character not a show pony at all so im excited for his future

Im going to the tennis after work should be in by 2pm today will be watching de-minaur and kyrgios might try snag a margaret court seat depending on what happens with kyrgios if it goes the distance or not, does anyone know if u can buy margaret court seats after the 1st match has kicked off

Im going to the tennis after work should be in by 2pm today will be watching de-minaur and kyrgios might try snag a margaret court seat depending on what happens with kyrgios if it goes the distance or not, does anyone know if u can buy margaret court seats after the 1st match has kicked off
Yes you can upgrade at the ticket box opposite SC3 and next to MCA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back