Remove this Banner Ad

Day 8

Seeds Out:

(6) Gael Monfils - Defending 360 - Loses 180 - 3445
(8) Dominic Thiem - Defending 90 - Gains 90 - 3505
(13) Roberto Bautista Agut - Defending 180 - Loses 0 - 2350
(16) Barbora Strycova - Defending 240 - Loses 0 - 2295
(22) Daria Gavrilova - Defending 240 - Loses 0 - 1665
(30) Ekaterina Makarova - Defending 240 - Loses 0 - 1377 - Actually lost to Konta same time last year.

My dreams ended when RBA lost.

Seeds Out:

(7) Garbine Muguruza - Defending 130 - Gains 300 - 4720
(12) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Defending 180 - Gains 180 - 2685
(24) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova - Defending 10 - Gains 420 - 2040

Seeds out:

(3) Milos Raonic - Defending 720 - Loses 360 - 4930
(5) Karolina Pliskova - Defending 130 - Gains 300 - 5270
(9) Johanna Konta - Defending 780 - Loses 350 - 3705
(11) David Goffin - Defending 180 - Gains 180 - 2930

Poor Konta

Biggest dissapointment for me from this tournament is that despite the two top seeds going down and the former top players aging none of what I would call the second tier over the last five years has taken their chance.

I'd have Monfils, Berdych, Raonic, Cilic, Tsonga and Nishikori in that group. I think that group has been the dissapointment of the tournament, they let a chance slip.

I have 4 tickets to the men's final. Thinking of selling them as the prices are sky rocketing. Would I be better selling before or after tonight's match? And does anybody know the best way to sell these?

I have 4 tickets to the men's final. Thinking of selling them as the prices are sky rocketing. Would I be better selling before or after tonight's match? And does anybody know the best way to sell these?
Australian open website has a fan marketplace for resale tickets u only get them sold at face value though so no profits

How about selling them at the price you paid for them.

Ticket scalping is something I detest. People who do it are assholes.

So the wooden spoon potential winners:

If Serena wins: - Venus
- Vandeweghe
- Muguruza
- Cirstea
- Riske
- Zhang
- Sasnovich - Wooden Spoon

If Venus wins: - Serena
- Lucic-Baroni
- Pliskova
- Gavrilova
- Bacsinszky
- Kovinic
- Zheng - Wooden Spoon

If Nadal wins: - Federer
- Wawrinka
- Tsonga
- Evans
- Tomic
- Estrella Burgos
- Bedene - Wooden Spoon

If Federer wins: - Nadal
- Dimitrov
- Goffin
- Thiem
- Paire
- Fognini
- Lopez - Wooden Spoon

So Feliciano Lopez could win it.

Overall the organisers do a reasnoble job with scheduling but the mens doubles final should be on this afternoon prior to the womans singles final. I know they worry about it being a long match and delaying the womans final but it could easily be the first game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall the organisers do a reasnoble job with scheduling but the mens doubles final should be on this afternoon prior to the womans singles final. I know they worry about it being a long match and delaying the womans final but it could easily be the first game on.
I believe they want a set time for the start of the Women's final since its the bigger event.

I believe they want a set time for the start of the Women's final since its the bigger event.

Yeah I understand that but they still played a wheelchair and a girls junior final prior. They could play it first match of the day and move the game in between if needed. They want the mens to start on time and played the Mixed earlier today.

Federer has done it again. Looked the better player throughout the final with unforced errors keeping Rafa in it. Was a pretty quick 5 sets I would say. Fed has 18 now. Rafa on 14 and the Joker on 12.

Feds has worked out how to beat Rafa after 10 years. Stand close to the base line and take the ball earlier. I reckon he would have won a few more against Rafa if he tried this tactic a few years ago. He probably has another 5 years left imo. Plenty of time to beat Rafa and Joker a few more times and get back to #1 :thumbsu:

Yeah I understand that but they still played a wheelchair and a girls junior final prior. They could play it first match of the day and move the game in between if needed. They want the mens to start on time and played the Mixed earlier today.
The Mixed is easier to predict the finishing time as they dont play advantages at 40-all.

i do agree with you. the men should start before the women final. but like others have said, they dont want to run that risk of starting late.

plus we still get the empty seats. See the womens doubles final before the Friday semi. The best way to get a crowd to watch the doubles final would be making it free entry for ground passes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back