• Federer

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Nadal

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Murray or Wawrinka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First time slam winner (Zverev, Dimitrov, kyrgios, etc)

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't mind some opinions everyone.

If I leave work and get to the open at about 2:30pm today.

Think I am a chance of getting a seat at Hisense for the Wawrinka and De Minaur matches?
How did that go for you?

Lines were absolutely atrocious today. We had to wait 1.5hrs to get into Hisense, lined up at 12 got in 1:30 (something like that) just in time for the start of Wawrinka.

Show courts equally - possibly even more so - ridiculous waiting times.

How did that go for you?

Lines were absolutely atrocious today. We had to wait 1.5hrs to get into Hisense, lined up at 12 got in 1:30 (something like that) just in time for the start of Wawrinka.

Show courts equally - possibly even more so - ridiculous waiting times.

I lucked out, someone gave me their pass out as I was arriving at Hisense. Got in found a single empty seat had no issues.

There's always a way in to Hisense I've found, just a matter of how much of a prick you want to be and how desperate you are. Personally I don't really care who I watch but I know people who get into Hisense straight away no matter how big the lines are.

There's always a way in to Hisense I've found, just a matter of how much of a prick you want to be and how desperate you are. Personally I don't really care who I watch but I know people who get into Hisense straight away no matter how big the lines are.

I get off work at 3:30PM today and plan on watching Kyrgios but my other half doesn't get off work until 5:30pm (won't arrive at open until 6 odd).

I am simply going to ask the attendant for a second passout as my other half lost hers but we already have her seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

federer and nadal pretty much play all their matches on rla. every other player could play on rla one day and then be on hisense or showcourt 2 the next.

Well guess who has to play in the middle of 38 degree heat tomorrow, while the other player gets the night match in much cooler conditions.

One player is a 6 time ao champion, he plays in 38 degrees. The other is playing his 2nd straight night rod laver match.

lol what i meant is that the ground pass is really the way to go if you dont intend on seeing federer or nadal. you can get good seats and watch the likes of wawrinka, thiem, kerber, kvitova, etc. radwanksa was on an empty court 8 yesterday when a couple years ago she would have been on rla.

Some early observations.

1) nowhere near the same amount of withdrawals in the first round compared to previous years. that's great.

2) 15 out of the top 16 seeds in the women game are still with us. The only 1 who is missing is a basket case going for a record. The top end is strong.

3) crowds seem up. 7's coverage has been top notch as well. Playing games to the full, the app. They do miss first points or even the first game of a set but a- overall.

4) have really enjoyed the Barty, Kvitova and the Tsonga matches so far. probably my top 3. Feel so sorry for Fett.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...fter-funny-will-ferrell-meeting-ng-b88716913z

I would like to see more players just being really themselves in front of the press, being more relaxed about it, not worrying so much about making mistakes.

"(The press) know not every word should be twisted. You know maybe how he meant it, don't make him pay so badly for a mistake.

"You'd rather see that than robots left, right and centre. I feel like sometimes some players have gotten a little bit too robot-like. I wish they would let loose and be themselves."

Hm I wouldn't call the likes of Nick Kyrgios, Tsonga, Novak robot like lol

Last edited:
Well guess who has to play in the middle of 38 degree heat tomorrow, while the other player gets the night match in much cooler conditions.

One player is a 6 time ao champion, he plays in 38 degrees. The other is playing his 2nd straight night rod laver match.
The roof will be closed, so it won't be as bad.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...fter-funny-will-ferrell-meeting-ng-b88716913z

I would like to see more players just being really themselves in front of the press, being more relaxed about it, not worrying so much about making mistakes.

"(The press) know not every word should be twisted. You know maybe how he meant it, don't make him pay so badly for a mistake.

"You'd rather see that than robots left, right and centre. I feel like sometimes some players have gotten a little bit too robot-like. I wish they would let loose and be themselves."

Hm I wouldn't call the likes of Nick Kyrgios, Tsonga, Novak robot like lol

Funny comments from Fed, I think he is one of the most boring! Don't care too much though, there are too many interviews in all sports and most of the players run out of things to say.

Funny comments from Fed, I think he is one of the most boring! Don't care too much though, there are too many interviews in all sports and most of the players run out of things to say.

I know.lol Great player but I think he is bland so I was surprised to hear his comments whereas I think the other players are pretty out going. Even Murray is funny away from the court

I have been on MCA this week. I think the announcer is Matt Grandland? I really like him as a football commentator but his questions have been atrocious. Very shallow and repetitive.

Back