• Federer

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Nadal

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Murray or Wawrinka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First time slam winner (Zverev, Dimitrov, kyrgios, etc)

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be very surprised if Murray didn’t play, he’d need a reoccurrence of his elbow injury for that to happen.

He's suffering with a hip problem at the moment. I think he may not play and even if he does he won't be 100% so won't have a chance of winning the whole thing.

He's suffering with a hip problem at the moment. I think he may not play and even if he does he won't be 100% so won't have a chance of winning the whole thing.
Shit I meant hip injury, nah I definitely think he will play but I can't see him having come all this way to withdraw unless the injury flares up badly again, would be very surprised if he made a late stage of the tournament however

Shit I meant hip injury, nah I definitely think he will play but I can't see him having come all this way to withdraw unless the injury flares up badly again, would be very surprised if he made a late stage of the tournament however

I think Djokovic is the one with the dodgy elbow.

man cant wait for this... last year I was driving the nullabor on route to melb as Fed vs Nadal was on. ended up watching it at a roadhouse with a couple old racist white dudes lmao

this year im going to go to as many matches as my bank account allows lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Bruce commentating this year? Please say no.

I don't think so, I didn't see his name in the 2018 tennis commentary team

Edit
From ch7 website

This year, Seven’s summer of tennis commentary team includes Grand Slam
champions JIM COURIER and LLEYTON HEWITT who return to provide expert
analysis. Joining them will be an unrivaled team of tennis experts including
TODD WOODBRIDGE, JOHN NEWCOMBE, SAM SMITH, JOHN
FITZGERALD, RENNAE STUBBS, ROGER RASHEED, ALICIA MOLIK and
HENRI LECONTE – as well as Seven’s accomplished team of TV hosts
including MEL MCLAUGHLIN, JIM WILSON, HAMISH MCLACHLAN, TODD
WOODBRIDGE and JASON RICHARDSON, along with commentators and
reporters who will help to bring the Australian Open series alive.

bruce will do his best to ruin things somehow... or maybe hes saving it all up to embarass us in front of the world in Pyeongchang winter olympics

Bruce is half retired now. doubt he will be back at the tennis during the summer again. Will be interesting to see if he goes to Korea or not.

Sounds like we will be hearing a lot more from Roger this year judging from the early stages of the Brisbane. Is he coaching anyone atm?

lol, just one of the most consistent performers at the big events in the previous 6-7 years.

2011971352a6bd54a1739fed541ae8ec783920c81ae0b40303a9415c235991ad.jpg

I am already sick of Stubbs and the tennis season is only a few days in, she was getting unreasonably cranky in one of the women's matches yesterday.

In all seriousness, my favourite commentator is Geoff Masters; cool, calm and professional. Sadly he is relegated to the lesser matches, often forced to commentate on his own. It amuses me that the second string commentators are expected to call on their own while the main ones always have someone with them which would make it much easier.

Last edited:
Back