• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
At least one player has had to retire mid match during qualies today due to suffering a respiratory attack. Interesting decision to go ahead with qualies outdoors today.
Hope the ao gets thrown into the lions for this call. What a terrible call to play today. They have plenty of time to finish quallies and the smoke is meant to clear by tomorrow.

Why the rush. Why risk the players health. This is not heat, players can't prepare for breathing in this filth. What a stupid call.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
De minaur in doubt due to an abdominal injury.

It was a mistake to play him in the singles and doubles on the same day against team gb.

Yep, it wasn't nessecary to over play him.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
how can they say that.

Lets be honest, if this was the main draw and Fed, Rafa or Serena were somehow on an outside court, they would have stopped play. When the city is telling people not to go outside, perhaps playing tennis is not the smartest thing in the world.

how can they say that.

Lets be honest, if this was the main draw and Fed, Rafa or Serena were somehow on an outside court, they would have stopped play. When the city is telling people not to go outside, perhaps playing tennis is not the smartest thing in the world.
Exactly , the organisers wouldn't allow a big name player to play in these conditions.

Poor form by the organisers.

Australian Open organisers have a lot to answer. Tennis world is not happy with their decision.

Not a great call but not sure what they can do if today is smoked out as well. I was shocked they didn’t use an indoor court though

Not a great call but not sure what they can do if today is smoked out as well. I was shocked they didn’t use an indoor court though
I really don't understand why they are not using the indoor courts.

They wouldn't let Federer or another top player play outside

I really don't understand why they are not using the indoor courts.

They wouldn't let Federer or another top player play outside

That’s probably the weirdest call not that there was only but there’s 8 inside courts- use them!

Back