Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any Other Women

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Medvedev

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure some on here have read the Greg Baum piece about the process of interviewing Nadal. I enjoyed the juxtaposition of a Fairfax paper coming out with a hint of righteousness while the Murdoch papers just rolled with it.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/ten...nis-for-selling-its-soul-20200117-p53scg.html

Rafael Nadal might be a good bloke. Or not. I’ve never met him face-to-face. I had the chance this week. Ahead of the Australian Open, I was offered a one-on-one interview. But there were strings attached. In tennis, there are always strings. The interview would last 10 minutes, 15 max. The questions to be asked would have to be submitted in advance. And one would have to be about a travel insurance agency that is sponsoring Nadal.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/31a4a31505f67d6f8d98f0ca180ac07d

It is why he attempts to keep things as normal and grounded as possible, appearing as relaxed as ever in blue chinos and a white Nike T-shirt this week to promote InsureandGo’s ‘Go There’ campaign on level three of Crown Metropol.

Nadal is the face of a new advertising campaign for the Australian online travel insurer which is a subsidiary of MAPFRE, which he has been with for more than 10 years.

Thinking of getting a ground pass for Friday as I've got the day off work.

Is there many round 3 singles games on courts that are accessible with a ground pass?

Is there many round 3 singles games on courts that are accessible with a ground pass?

The way the weather forecast looks there might be a few R2 matches eating into Friday. I'd wait and see the schedule since you don't need to rush to buy a ground pass.

Usually I'd prefer to go Mon-Thurs on a ground pass but get a few rain delays and it will still be good on Friday this year.

Even without rain there will still be some decent games on the Friday, just all the lower ranked Aussies will be eliminated by then, so you'd have to fight the crowds to see whatever decent games are on the outside courts whereas earlier in the week the crowds get spread to watch Thompson, Edben etc and you can go and watch a decent game in peace.

Matches get a bit thin on the Friday but there is still plenty to watch and do. Assuming their is no backlog of matches due to rain there will be 8 men's and 8 women's singles matches on Friday scheduled something like this

RLA (no general admission) 3 women/ 2 men's spread over day/night
MCA (no general admission) 3 women / 2 men's spread over day/night
Melbourne Arena (general admission) 1 women's /2 men's /doubles over one session that will go late
Court 2 & 3 (general admission) 1 women's / 2 mens plus doubles

They might have to squeeze another match onto Melbourne Arena (Hisense) due to the rain tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They might have to squeeze another match onto Melbourne Arena (Hisense) due to the rain tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah I think Melbourne Arena will go late. Berretini won't take long to dispose of Harris first up which will help. It will be interesting to see if they move to the indoor courts rather than risk falling behind.

Anyone know if there is much viewing space in the tennis Centre indoor courts?

Last edited:
Men's Doubles wildcards

- Lleyton Hewitt & Jordan Thompson
- James Duckworth & Marc Polmans
- Andrew Harris & Chris O’Connell
- Blake Ellis & Alexei Popyrin
- Alex Bolt & Matthew Ebden
- Max Purcell & Luke Saville

Last edited:
I think I suggested this last year. This might be too much for the AO app which struggles at the best of times but I'd like to see them introduce some kind of map of the site showing how crowded each court is and even potential waiting times for outside courts.

Anyone seen anything that already exists?

Back