Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Barty is the number 1 player in the world and deserving so. YEC, Miami and the French Open all in the last 12 months. She has had a shocking start to this match against a player who should be ranked around 50-60 and one she should be beating.

but it happens. Never forget, Sam Groth took a set off Federer at Wimbledon. these things happen. Still expecting Barty to wake up.

Melbourne Arena will be packed tomorrow with Kyrgios on (not before 7pm) and Popyrin v Tsonga (not before 4pm).

Hopefully Tsonga bagels him love watching Jo.

Why isn’t Nick on RLA

they have cancelled all matches on the outside courts so I don't think they will move one to Melbourne Arena.
I was wrong.

Kohlschreiber v Giron are on court and warming up. Sure....why not them. Random match on a huge court like that. But at least they will only have 95 matches to do now tomorrow

Hopefully Tsonga bagels him love watching Jo.

Why isn’t Nick on RLA
You love watching Jo so you hope he bagels a young and exciting prospect. If you loved watching Jo wouldn't you want an exciting match which brings out the best in Jo?

You hope a lot of players bagel other players because you seem to hate so many players. Don't you enjoy a good exciting tennis match? Or do you just hope your favourites just smash everyone and the matches are all a bore?

Never change LP.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was wrong.

Kohlschreiber v Giron are on court and warming up. Sure....why not them. Random match on a huge court like that. But at least they will only have 95 matches to do now tomorrow

To be honest, why didn't they do a seeded match

You love watching Jo so you hope he bagels a young and exciting prospect. If you loved watching Jo wouldn't you want an exciting match which brings out the best in Jo?

You hope a lot of players bagel other players because you seem to hate so many players. Don't you enjoy a good exciting tennis match? Or do you just hope your favourites just smash everyone and the matches are all a bore?

Never change LP.

I’d rather the players I like get through the first week comfortably that is what I want.

I’d rather the players I like get through the first week comfortably that is what I want.
I'm sure when it is Federer v Djoker u will hope Djoker bagels him instead of most people who enjoy tennis wanting a close exciting match.

Why be a fanboi when you can just hope for and enjoy good quality tennis. Confuses me.

I'm sure when it is Federer v Djoker u will hope Djoker bagels him instead of most people who enjoy tennis wanting a close exciting match.

Why be a fanboi when you can just hope for and enjoy good quality tennis. Confuses me.

Well considering I can’t stand Federer yes
although I do respect his accomplishments. Anyone else I’d like a close final. Plus after the crowds continue to give it to Novak I’d rather give them nothing and have Novak just steamroll everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comfortable win in the end for Ash :thumbsu:

Edit: Just read the comments from during the match. It's as if some of you have never seen Ash play, she often starts slow and coming off a big week last week so it wasn't surprising. Probably write off your footy team after a bad first quarter as well ;)

Last edited:
Yet another overrated Aussie who will try and live off 1 major win in their career

Winning a Grand Slam is freaking amazing!!! o_O Why are people so down on Ash? She's doing really well, maintained her no.1 status and won some more tournaments, what on earth do people expect? :think:

Winning a Grand Slam is freaking amazing!!! o_O Why are people so down on Ash? She's doing really well, maintained her no.1 status and won some more tournaments, what on earth do people expect? :think:
Expect a number 1 ranked player to easily beat all players other than other top 5-10 players.

The rain obviously didn't help but a fairly boring day really. You expect one sided matches but today just didn't have much excitement about it. Coco on MCA probably the highlight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back