Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 1)

I understand the how and why of it, but I'm enough of a traditionalist to wish they got rid of tiebreakers entirely.

Can understand it the first four sets but not the last. Can you imagine a huge final being decided by this? It cheapens it.

Hurry up Fed. hopefully, the Ao will put another match on RLA after this. there should be enough time if they start before 4:30.

My bet would be the Keys-Kasatkina if they do indeed shift a match.

I doubt they would, but if they did, they'd be VERY determined not to cut into the evening roster (and they need a break between to clean up, etc).

Maybe a partially finished game with 1 set to go?

Hurry up Fed. hopefully, the Ao will put another match on RLA after this. there should be enough time if they start before 4:30.

They would be unlikely to do that as there’s a minimum 20 min between matches.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd say Keys would get first dibs on the opportunity to have her match shifted to RLA. She is the highest seeded player left to play on outside courts today.
Time wise she should despatch an out of form Kasatkina in straight sets.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Keys v Kasatina could potentially be moved to Melbourne Arena instead? Play it after the Stosur match?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I doubt they would, but if they did, they'd be VERY determined not to cut into the evening roster (and they need a break between to clean up, etc).

Maybe a partially finished game with 1 set to go?

Raonic-Giustino as that only needs one game before you assume Raonic to get through to Round 2.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Channel 9 are going to struggle for content until the night sessions start. They might have over an hour with just Melbourne Arena.

hirdy_is_champ

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2003
tunnel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Can understand it the first four sets but not the last. Can you imagine a huge final being decided by this? It cheapens it.

Agree completely. It's a stupid US Open style made for tv decision. I think Wimbledon found the right balance, but even then, that was a knee jerk reaction to two matches. It takes away the whole point of tennis scoring in that you have to win by 2.

Channel 9 are going to struggle for content until the night sessions start. They might have over an hour with just Melbourne Arena.

They should just do a channel 7 and show Hewitt v Baghdatis for the 97309374597th time :D

Did you know that match went on alllllllllllllllllllllll hours of the night ? :p

They should just do a channel 7 and show Hewitt v Baghdatis for the 97309374597th time :D

Did you know that match went on alllllllllllllllllllllll hours of the night ? :p

Should show it instead of the night session

Back