Grand Slam Australian open day 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I might not be up to them. Tomic might get people watching on the tellie, more out of interest than anything. Can't see him selling tickets though. Sharpo would normally be on a biggish court.

I stick with my MCA 2nd night match prediction(for recovery for Sharpo). Hopefully, Tomic can get to bed on time

Think they may go Thiem. They do like to give the top seeds the RLA spots. I don’t agree with it but they do

A combination of no school holidays, no overseas attendees, capped crowds and inflated ticket prices make for tough going - I worry for the upcoming AFL season with capped crowds of 50% - Clubs will bleed money in 2021 because of less memberships being sold, along with the continued limits on corporate match-day functions which will hurt clubs bottom line.
No ground pass as well, I might be the only one who thinks this but 18k on a Monday when everyone’s back at work at school and the cheap tickets aren’t being sold is a very very good result

Tennis Aus probably can't afford another year of Covid. They used all their savings on this.

They rolled the dice on 1 year of Covid.
They’ll be fine (Aus’s vaccine choices are 96, 89 and 82 percent effective) but how lucky are they that the vaccines actually worked - imagine 3 to 5 years more of this

No ground pass as well, I might be the only one who thinks this but 18k on a Monday when everyone’s back at work at school and the cheap tickets aren’t being sold is a very very good result

It's the no school holidays that's the thing. Be interesting to see the Figure on Saturday especially if Barty is still in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back