Grand Slam Australian open day 1

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I need to find out how I can get these haha
from what I read online, they are basically saying to day session MCA holders to come back and use it for night MCA. This year would have been perfect for an after 5 ground(ish) pass. I guess they gotta be within the limit of Melbourne Health.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Kyrgios replied to Novak... for those interested in this childish crap. Betcha old mate Rothenberg is happy

Screenshot_20210208-222451_Twitter.jpg

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Ahhhh yes of course! Then why is he commentating? Weird how they loaded out all the big guns for Nick, and Djokovic gets Tom Rehn and on the secondary channel.
Nick is the most popular player on aus tv. His match v Nadal was the most-watched tennis match last year.(beating the final) And I think his match v Karen K(?) was up there as well.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Huge boost for TV rating with Kyrgios winning.

Sinner looks cooked unfortunately. As I said in another thread I get last was difficult and they lost a day but they needed to finish the tournament on Saturday. Maybe play 3 x 32 draws rather 2 x 48.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
I just don’t get it. Djokovic is literally stroking the ball as cleanly as you could see, moving as well as he ever has, winners everywhere, and the crowd...a lukewarm response to everything. Literately witnessing greatness and they don’t even care. Pathetic. 8 AO titles and still no respect.
Got nothing to do with his ability. It's his personality and how he has carried himself at times in the past. The general public just don't warm to him.

Fwiw. I think he has copped some unfair flak in the past and feel for him a bit in that regard.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Kyrgios replied to Novak... for those interested in this childish crap. Betcha old mate Rothenberg is happy

View attachment 1053981
they dont like each other. so what. Dont think it is a rule in this world which says you have to be nice to everyone.

I love it. Long live press conferences which aren't robotic, full of candy cane and full of cliches. Annoys the hell out of me when people complain about answers like what Novak did and what Nick will do.

Btw, on that. Paire had a couple of shots at hosting the tournament. I put the quotes in Spoilers, so not to create a super long post as I should post both the French and English versions.
"Je n'ai pas signé pour ça"

"C'est bien beau leur tournoi, mais pour moi, je trouve que c'est de la merde, et ce qui s'est passé, c'est honteux, a-t-il lâché. Après, mon niveau de jeu était bon, je trouve, mon attitude était bonne. J'espère que je ne me suis pas fait trop mal au coude. Mais sinon, dans l'ensemble, je suis très déçu de ce tournoi."

"Moi, je n'ai pas signé pour ça, fulmine-t-il encore. J'ai signé pour quatorze jours où je peux m'entraîner, un truc où, justement il n'y avait pas beaucoup de monde dans le vol pour, dans le cas d'une personne contaminée, qu'il n'y ait qu'une seule petite section concernée. Moi j'ai voyagé tout seul en business, je n'ai vu personne du voyage, je suis allé tout seul à l'Hyatt, parce qu'il n'y avait personne et que c'était le vol des qualifiés. Je n'ai pas croisé une personne de tout le voyage. Et là, il y a un cas positif dans le vol et tout le vol est en quarantaine! Je n'ai pas signé pour ça!"

"Ce n'est qu'une question d'argent"

Il dénonce une différence de traitement entre joueurs après qu'un cas détecté sur un autre vol n'a pas donné lieu aux mêmes complications. "Ce tournoi, franchement, je trouve que c'est vraiment de la merde", ajoute-t-il. Il poursuit. "Ce n'est qu'une question d'argent, dénonce-t-il. C'est tout, en fait. Il y a une énorme perte s'ils ne font pas le tournoi. Coûte que coûte, il faut qu'il y ait le tournoi. (...) Moi le premier, je joue aussi pour l'argent. Mais s'il faut faire tant de sacrifices et que ça se passe si mal, que ce soit une galère pareille, à un moment donné, il faut juste dire stop."
"I didn't sign for this"

"It's all well and good their tournament, but for me, I think it's crap, and what happened is shameful, he blurted. After, my level of play was well, I think, my attitude was good. I hope I didn't hurt my elbow too much. But otherwise, overall I'm very disappointed with this tournament. "

"Me, I did not sign for that, he fumed again. I signed for fourteen days where I can train, a thing where, precisely there were not many people in the flight for, in the case of an infected person, that there is only one small section concerned. I traveled alone in business, I did not see anyone on the trip, I went alone at Hyatt, because there was nobody there and it was the flight of the qualifiers. I did not meet a person the whole trip. And there, there is a positive case in the flight and the whole flight is in quarantine! I didn't sign up for that! "
"It's all about the money"

He denounces a difference in treatment between players after a case detected on another flight did not give rise to the same complications. “This tournament, frankly, I think it's really crap,” he adds. He pursues. “It's all about the money,” he denounces. “That's all, actually. There is a huge loss if they don't make the tournament. there is the tournament. (...) Me first, I also play for money. But if you have to make so many sacrifices and things go so badly, let it be such a hassle, at some point given, you just have to say stop. "

i did wonder when he would go nuts. There it is. Thankfully, he didnt speak it in English, so our ignorant media won't pick it up and use it to create more unhelpful headlines.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
they dont like each other. so what. Dont think it is a rule in this world which says you have to be nice to everyone.

I love it. Long live press conferences which aren't robotic, full of candy cane and full of cliches. Annoys the hell out of me when people complain about answers like what Novak did and what Nick will do.

Btw, on that. Paire had a couple of shots at hosting the tournament. I put the quotes in Spoilers, so not to create a super long post.
"Je n'ai pas signé pour ça"

"C'est bien beau leur tournoi, mais pour moi, je trouve que c'est de la merde, et ce qui s'est passé, c'est honteux, a-t-il lâché. Après, mon niveau de jeu était bon, je trouve, mon attitude était bonne. J'espère que je ne me suis pas fait trop mal au coude. Mais sinon, dans l'ensemble, je suis très déçu de ce tournoi."

"Moi, je n'ai pas signé pour ça, fulmine-t-il encore. J'ai signé pour quatorze jours où je peux m'entraîner, un truc où, justement il n'y avait pas beaucoup de monde dans le vol pour, dans le cas d'une personne contaminée, qu'il n'y ait qu'une seule petite section concernée. Moi j'ai voyagé tout seul en business, je n'ai vu personne du voyage, je suis allé tout seul à l'Hyatt, parce qu'il n'y avait personne et que c'était le vol des qualifiés. Je n'ai pas croisé une personne de tout le voyage. Et là, il y a un cas positif dans le vol et tout le vol est en quarantaine! Je n'ai pas signé pour ça!"

"Ce n'est qu'une question d'argent"

Il dénonce une différence de traitement entre joueurs après qu'un cas détecté sur un autre vol n'a pas donné lieu aux mêmes complications. "Ce tournoi, franchement, je trouve que c'est vraiment de la merde", ajoute-t-il. Il poursuit. "Ce n'est qu'une question d'argent, dénonce-t-il. C'est tout, en fait. Il y a une énorme perte s'ils ne font pas le tournoi. Coûte que coûte, il faut qu'il y ait le tournoi. (...) Moi le premier, je joue aussi pour l'argent. Mais s'il faut faire tant de sacrifices et que ça se passe si mal, que ce soit une galère pareille, à un moment donné, il faut juste dire stop."
"I didn't sign for this"

"It's all well and good their tournament, but for me, I think it's crap, and what happened is shameful, he blurted. After, my level of play was well, I think, my attitude was good. I hope I didn't hurt my elbow too much. But otherwise, overall I'm very disappointed with this tournament. "

"Me, I did not sign for that, he fumed again. I signed for fourteen days where I can train, a thing where, precisely there were not many people in the flight for, in the case of an infected person, that there is only one small section concerned. I traveled alone in business, I did not see anyone on the trip, I went alone at Hyatt, because there was nobody there and it was the flight of the qualifiers. I did not meet a person the whole trip. And there, there is a positive case in the flight and the whole flight is in quarantine! I didn't sign up for that! "
"It's all about the money"

He denounces a difference in treatment between players after a case detected on another flight did not give rise to the same complications. “This tournament, frankly, I think it's really crap,” he adds. He pursues. “It's all about the money,” he denounces. “That's all, actually. There is a huge loss if they don't make the tournament. there is the tournament. (...) Me first, I also play for money. But if you have to make so many sacrifices and things go so badly, let it be such a hassle, at some point given, you just have to say stop. "
Benoit unhappy about something? No way!

Does that guy ever just shut up and play tennis? Lmao.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Caught some of the Cressy v Daniel match today.

What a serve this Cressy guy has... Zverev won't find it easy. I smell 3 long tie breakers.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Benoit unhappy about something? No way!

Does that guy ever just shut up and play tennis? Lmao.
I am surprised it took that long. I am expecting another serve from Babosa tmw when she could lose. Kerber mentioned it today as well and blamed the HQ on her loss. and of course Puts. Sorana won, thankfully.

So over this issue in the media. Hate how it been portrayed.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
An attendance of 17,922 today
Very poor. AO misread the situation. Tickets too expensive considering the timing of the tournament. Tickets for MCA should have been advertised as the ground pass ticket with access to the court all day and night. Could have planned it for a bit of a later start each day and bring back the after 5 ground pass.

Very poor. AO misread the situation. Tickets too expensive considering the timing of the tournament. Tickets for MCA should have been advertised as the ground pass ticket with access to the court all day and night. Could have planned it for a bit of a later start each day and bring back the after 5 ground pass.

Still close to 18k is decent. Actually probably safer at that level

Back