Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 10, Wednesday)

Who is going to make the Mens Semis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
true. And he will play Novak on a cool night day. It will be a more interesting final regardless of who makes it. Someone new in Australia and a new match up overall. Exciting

Who knows, they might be playing Federer.......right....

I’m going for Federer in the first semi and Dom in the second semi

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Well, that was an eventful day. who said the mens would be boring. Sport is nothing but unpredictable. I like this schedule. the girls double back tomorrow and Nadal and Thiem could be EPIC!! So could Stan/Sascha.

this is the last day below 30. On Thursday it starts to warm up to very hot levels. the cool change will hit Saturday, probably making the final indoors.
Melbourne Forecast.
Temp Max- 29
Nice with plenty of sunshine
No Rain

Rod Laver Arena
Kontaveit (28) v Halep (4) (11 AM Start)
Muguruza v Pavlyuchenkova (30) (Not Before 12:30 PM)
Wawrinka (15)v Zverev (7) (Not Before 2:30 PM)
NIGHT
Nadal (1) v Thiem (5) (7:30 PM Start)
Mixed Doubles (Aussie Pair, Sharma and Smith) (only Aussies playing tmw)

Thiem won Indian Wells. He was runner up at the ATP Finals. His results at the grand slam level on hard courts are getting better. And anyone who remembers 2018 US Open match knows this could be epic. That match finished 0-6, 6-4, 7-5, 6-7, 7-6. It was awesome. Perhaps it is my heart here, but I kinda think (hoping) Theim wins. time for someone new. Zverev form going into this tournament was as bad as it has ever been. Sara Errani was giving him tips on his serve. Now, he is suddenly Goran and Zverev hasn't dropped a set yet....no idea. going stan due to bias of the Stanimal one-handed backhand.(i say that, but voted otherwise....)

The girls are interesting as well. I think Kontaveit has played her grand final last match and Halep will give her nothing. still, Anett is a dangerous player with a big game. Pav new coach is Mugs old one. Pav hit 70 winners last round. Mug is warming up nicely. Would be nice to see Pav in a semi-final for once. could be epic.

MENS DRAW
Nadal (1) v Thiem (5)
Wawrinka (15) v Zverev (7)

Federer (3)v Djokovic (2)

WOMENS DRAW
Barty(1) v Kenin (14)

Kontaveit (28) v Halep (4)
Muguruza v Pavlyuchenkova (30)

Last edited:

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Good test for Thiem. Looking forward to seeing what he can throw at Nadal.

Has anyone seen or heard Henri Leconte this year?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Think Thiem like Federer is another that has had a soft draw and would already be gone if he had played someone better than Bolt. Nadal only just going too. I reckon the Zverev Wawrinka match is more interesting.
All of the top seeds have soft draws, thats how the system works...

Not all. I mean Medvedev got Wawrinka. Plus the point is it took Thiem 5 sets to beat Bolt and Federer 5 sets to beat Millman and Sandgren. They got an easy draw AND they have struggled.

Look at Nadal’s draw- far from easy

Not all. I mean Medvedev got Wawrinka. Plus the point is it took Thiem 5 sets to beat Bolt and Federer 5 sets to beat Millman and Sandgren. They got an easy draw AND they have struggled.
Thiem also played Monfils, the 10th seed, and won in 3 sets. Federer played Sandgren who progressed to the QF by beating Fognini, the 12th seed. If Sandgren beat Fognini, then that suggests he was playing better than the 12trh seed, no?

Back