Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Black for tennis, yuk, the Rafa one, yuk, I'll give the blue one a pass :p ;) No coral?

I like a bit of variety, my two recent favourite "summer" tennis outfits came from the 2016 Australian Open

h_52545739.jpg

Fernando+Verdasco+2016+Australian+Open+Day+cvUgkRAlhD1l.jpg

I also dress up in full tennis kit too (so I don't limit myself to Hawthorn gear or the FC Barcelona 12/13 Away kit :p).

In all seriousness I like wearing tennis shirts (polo versions or normal shirts) as casual wear.

My all time favourite (and a shirt I still have!) is the 2006 Adidas design

fernando-gonzalez-of-chile-in-action-defeating-tommy-haas-of-germany-picture-id118798650
- the pattern on the back of the shirt is pretty good :D

I like a bit of variety, my two recent favourite "summer" tennis outfits came from the 2016 Australian Open

h_52545739.jpg

Fernando+Verdasco+2016+Australian+Open+Day+cvUgkRAlhD1l.jpg

I also dress up in full tennis kit too (so I don't limit myself to Hawthorn gear or the FC Barcelona 12/13 Away kit :p).

In all seriousness I like wearing tennis shirts (polo versions or normal shirts) as casual wear.

My all time favourite (and a shirt I still have!) is the 2006 Adidas design

fernando-gonzalez-of-chile-in-action-defeating-tommy-haas-of-germany-picture-id118798650
- the pattern on the back of the shirt is pretty good :D

Yeah I'm well aware of your full kit fetish, anyone ever tell you you are a bit strange? ;)

None of those do anything for me. Oh well, different tastes I suppose. Tbh I didn't see anything I liked in the men's range this year :huh:

Djokovic waltzing into this semi final this way is a bit like his career - picked up half his titles when Nadal and Fed were out for the count.

So let me get this right. In the 2003 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Mark Philippoussis, in the 2004 Australian Open Federer defeated Marat Safin, in the 2004 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Andy Roddick, in the 2004 US Open Federer defeated Lleyton Hewitt, in the 2005 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Andy Roddick, in the 2005 US Open Federer defeated Andre Agassi, in the 2006 Australian Open Federer defeated Marcos Baghdatis, in the 2006 Wimbledon Final Rafael Nadal, in the 2006 US Open Federer defeated Andy Roddick and in the 2007 Australian Open Federe defeated Fernando González. That's half of his grand slam wins before Djokovic turned 20 years of age.

If anything it's Federer's grand slams that should be questioned based on quality of opponent.

So let me get this right. In the 2003 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Mark Philippoussis, in the 2004 Australian Open Federer defeated Marat Safin, in the 2004 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Andy Roddick, in the 2004 US Open Federer defeated Lleyton Hewitt, in the 2005 Wimbledon Final Federer defeated Andy Roddick, in the 2005 US Open Federer defeated Andre Agassi, in the 2006 Australian Open Federer defeated Marcos Baghdatis, in the 2006 Wimbledon Final Rafael Nadal, in the 2006 US Open Federer defeated Andy Roddick and in the 2007 Australian Open Federe defeated Fernando González. That's half of his grand slam wins before Djokovic turned 20 years of age.

If anything it's Federer's grand slams that should be questioned based on quality of opponent.
Give it a break.

God, don't people get tired of the goat debate

Anyway, I wish Stosur had a better partner.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much did those poor saps pay to attend the 1.5 set match tonight?
struggling to find prices for past sessions, the AO site only shows pricing for tomorrow onwards

but I think about $300-$500 which is absolutely laughable

below are last year's prices, this year prices are maybe 10% cheaper:

AO 2018 prices.jpg

Last edited:
Nishikori gets off very lightly for a bloke who retired for the 18th time in his career - fifth time in a major.

It shows how much tennis fans and media buy into being well-behaved. He's a bottler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back