Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Medvedev in 3

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Medvedev in 4/5

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point do we hand Barty the trophy, tournament is done, everyone else is playing for runners up
That would appear to be the case, but I suspect Keys won't give up 40-0 leads during her service games as easily as Pegula did...?

It's also interesting, as of yesterday, Barty was the only women left in the draw who's unforced error count was not higher than her winners.
Accordingly, while Barty is obviously playing outstanding tennis, she doesn't really need to, given her opponents are regularly hitting the ball into the net or out...

Pretty spot on with his comments.

Five years ago I thought Kokk would be really good for Nick. I believed given Kokk's potential, his attitude, maturity and professionalism would drag Nick along with him. Obviously injuries didn't really allow that to eventuate. So given Kokk is now relatively healthy and after his performance in Adelaide, I thought that his overall demeanor and mindset would help Nick flourish. While Nick is slow maturing, Kokk's attitude with respect to the crowd has really surprised me this fortnight. Rather than respecting the opponents, he has just inflamed the situation as much as Nick.

But hey, that's what a certain subset of "tennis" fans want now.

salt.gif

That would appear to be the case, but I suspect Keys won't give up 40-0 leads during her service games as easily as Pegula did...?

It's also interesting, as of yesterday, Barty was the only women left in the draw who's unforced error count was not higher than her winners.
Accordingly, while Barty is obviously playing outstanding tennis, she doesn't really need to, given her opponents are regularly hitting the ball into the net or out...
There are a number of champions of the women's game who had great success just getting the ball back in play. You need some weapons of course, but consistency, fitness, and accuracy can go a long way.

'....at the end of the day he's an absolute knob.'

Don't hold back mate, tell us how you really feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha yea talk about a hypocrite. You can't get on your high horse and carry on about respect and how the crowds behave and then talk about an opponent like that. What a sore loser.

I'm actually more surprised that a fellow professional tennis player has only just discovered that Curious Nick is a knob..?
Of course he's a knob, he has a PHD in knobbery, he is the king knob, his feats of knobbery will never be surpassed, he is so far ahead of the next knob it's not funny and you don't even have to be a tennis fan to know this..!

Anyway Mr. Venus, you got your 5 minutes of fame, sooking about the obvious, back to obscurity for you mate...

Last edited:
Haha yea talk about a hypocrite. You can't get on your high horse and carry on about respect and how the crowds behave and then talk about an opponent like that. What a sore loser.
Nothing hypocritical about what Venus said. Kyrgios carries on like an absolute tool on court towards his opponents. Consequently Venus doesn’t respect him as a person, and was fully justified in saying what he did. Kokkinakis is heading the same way. If the same thing happened to Kyrgios, playing o/s against a local player, and a lot of unruly, partisan fans who cheer service faults, he would go absolutely berserk. Now that would be hypocritical.

I normally support Aussies unreservedly in any match against the opposition. However in this case I hope the 2 K’s get flogged in their semi.

Kyrgios acts like a complete clown on the court. Unsurprisingly really because he’s such a massive fan of American sport.

Venus has a point about the crowd being disrespectful, especially when he and Puetz were serving.

As for the rest, he and his partner got done by two singles players.

Pump the brakes and work on your game mate.

geech, what a match point

Swiatek would want to play a lot better to beat Barty or even Keys.
She plays like that she'll be lucky to get past Collins.

Back