Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 11, Thursday)

Novak v Fed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

I already do a variation of that - punch the chest twice then do a finger point (crowd or where the goals are!). Pretty sure he did that a few years ago as well :p

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
This is not a new thing though. He has been quite angry for years now. Particularly when he is losing and that is probably where it all started with the crowd going against him.
Djokovic broke the Federer Nadal duopoly in tennis and the world didn't like it. His reactions are quite normal considering the limited crowd support he gets worldwide against Federer and Nadal.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
This is not a new thing though. He has been quite angry for years now. Particularly when he is losing and that is probably where it all started with the crowd going against him.

He also dogged it one day in Melbourne retiring because of heat. Champion but A boring closet bad tempered robotic brick wall. Having said that great Champions in history sometimes are. Mayweather a prime example.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
What should the crowd be doing - out of curiosity? People go with their hearts and it just so happens that most are with Federer. I’m not sure what’s so wrong about that. They pay $100’s to get through the gate, they can boo or cheer whoever/however they want. Surely.

I don't care who you cheer for but don't shout out during the points you absolute *******s
I wouldn't mind attending the open one day but tennis crowds seem to have a high percentage of tossers. Tonight would've been insufferable.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't care who you cheer for but don't shout out during the points you absolute *******s

When you think about how popular this sporting event has become on the Australian sports calendar and the numbers that attend over 2 weeks each day a percentage of imbeciles will walk through the turnstiles.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
What should the crowd be doing - out of curiosity? People go with their hearts and it just so happens that most are with Federer. I’m not sure what’s so wrong about that. They pay $100’s to get through the gate, they can boo or cheer whoever/however they want. Surely.

Would like a dollar for every time I have read that on BF. One subject in particular.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Djokovic is gonna pass both Fed and Nadal isn’t he

Nothing wrong with that.
The one that took all 4 majors at once, all against Federer, Nadal and Murray.
Knows both Nadal’s and Federer’s weaknesses each time. Just pure dominance.
Just the causal fans are offended.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
While they were definitely on Federer’s side from the start, it’s pretty laughable that some think they should be up and about while a match ends up being really one sided.

If I’m there I want a close and long match.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
If Fed had any self respect he would be pretending to limp by now so he has some good excuses lined up for the presser.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Doesn't anyone want one of the nextgen players to win? Novak wins nearly every year give someone else a shot at holding up an AO Trophy.
Djokovic is my preference as I want him to surpass Federer in the GS Tally but I would be more than happy to see either Thiem or Zverev win it.

Back