Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 11, Thursday)

Novak v Fed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

I already do a variation of that - punch the chest twice then do a finger point (crowd or where the goals are!). Pretty sure he did that a few years ago as well :p

Tig017

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
For such an enthralling tournament I think it's going to end up quite a fizzer. Djokovic in straight sets against Zcerev/Thiem.

Federer could probably play for a few more years reaching semis/quarters and consistently pick up 6 figures every grand slam (which is more than what most tennis players could hope for).

Unfortunately one last slam is likely out of reach.
Doubt it. He barely scraped through to the semis with the draw of a lifetime. His serve is like a good 30% weaker than it was last year, where he didn't win anything.

He's toast. Nadal and Djoko will overtake him and be remembered as the two greatest tennis players of all time.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
He might end up blowing everyone away in slams won. Fed probably won't win another one and Nadal mostly just banks on winning the french. Djoker could go on a multi-year domination.
The only problem I can see for him is Nadal and his FO dominance as you’ve alluded to. Nadal could definitely win another 2 or 3 there; so Djokovic will most likely need 23-24 to do it. But he is obviously capable.

The only problem I can see for him is Nadal and his FO dominance as you’ve alluded to. Nadal could definitely win another 2 or 3 there; so Djokovic will most likely need 23-24 to do it. But he is obviously capable.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Thiem beats Nadal at the French. Nadal isn’t as invincible like he was 5-6 years ago

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
He might end up blowing everyone away in slams won. Fed probably won't win another one and Nadal mostly just banks on winning the french. Djoker could go on a multi-year domination.
Nadal knows he can get 20. He’s the only one stopping Djokovic from taking over. Wimbledon and US will be interesting.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Doesn't anyone want one of the nextgen players to win? Novak wins nearly every year give someone else a shot at holding up an AO Trophy.
Just wondering if you said the same thing or had the same thought after rafa won his 8th, then 9th, then 10th, then 11th and then 12th French Open title? Now that is definitely one slam I'd love to see another winner at.

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Just wondering if you said the same thing or had the same thought after rafa won his 8th, then 9th, then 10th, then 11th and then 12th French Open title? Now that is definitely one slam I'd love to see another winner at.

well I only seen him win about 4 out of the 12 he has won. Didn’t have Foxtel for years. He is soo strong there. If he didn’t make the final every year then I’d be happy for another player to win. Can’t help that he keeps making it. At the same time if someone makes the final against him that hasn’t won I will still support him but if that player was to beat him, I’d be happy for them also, unless it’s someone that’s already won lots.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
Novak is a champion. I think he just hasn't helped himself in regards to fan/crowd love over the years. He is extremely likeable off the court, in interviews, even on court majority of the time. He just tends to get frustrated with the crowd support when he plays Fed and Rafa. Why does he let it bother him? Just ignore it and the crowd won't be put off at times when he does overdo it a bit.

He is honestly just unlucky that he came along just after Fed & Rafa who were insanely popular and dominant before Novak was. If he hit his straps before the others I think it would honestly be different in regards to crowd love in those matches. Much more even at least.

Say he plays for a few years after both Fed and Rafa retire I think the crowds will lean to him as he will be the great champion left to try and win another 1 or 2. It would be great for him to have that Fed love at the end of his career. He deserves it.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Back