Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 11 (Women's Semi-Finals)

The Womens Final will be?

• Barty vs. Collins

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Barty vs. Swiatek

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Keys vs. Collins

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keys vs. Swiatek

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC Hewitt and Safin were equal third favourites to win in 2005, behind Roddick and Federer

But Hewitt was carrying a hip niggle from the QF, and Safin had just beaten odds-on favourite Federer, so Hewitt was definitely the underdog coming into the final

Not sure if England losing 9 for 42 in the final 90 minutes of play during the 5th Ashes test in Hobart or this, is a bigger flogging..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC Hewitt and Safin were equal third favourites to win in 2005, behind Roddick and Federer

But Hewitt was carrying a hip niggle from the QF, and Safin had just beaten odds-on favourite Federer, so Hewitt was definitely the underdog coming into the final
This source has Safin as having been a $1.65 favourite.

1643276621893.png

Haven’t seen a female player thus good since the Williams sisters
I love Ash's game for it's subtlety.
I found all those Williams sister years unwatchable. For me over those dominant years it was either bashing the ball or screaming or both.
This is such a welcome change.
Thankyou Ash.

Barty has been in dominant form this tournament. She will face her toughest opposition in the final so it should be a good challenge.
Her toughest opponent was in the round of sixteen. That will still be the case after Saturday night when she beats Collins 6-1, 6-2.

Back