Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 11 (Women's Semi-Finals)

The Womens Final will be?

• Barty vs. Collins

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Barty vs. Swiatek

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Keys vs. Collins

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keys vs. Swiatek

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Collins and Barty have played each other twice over the past two years on a hard court. A fairly comfortable straight sets win to Collins last year and a tight three setter with Barty winning in a final set tiebreak.

I'd say if Collins plays at this level she can beat ash on Sunday.

Barty killed her in Adelaide a fortnight ago.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Attachments

• E68BC48D-D554-4378-9F89-881239AFE376.jpeg
    E68BC48D-D554-4378-9F89-881239AFE376.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 58
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Kenin plays a different game from Collins but she has the same personality. Kenin shocked barty in 2020. If if Collins can get on top of the rallies, then there is a real chance. I doubt it, but Collins was well prepared for Swiatek. I am expecting the same against Barty. if Collins plays like this, it should be fun.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes. I got the year wrong.

But their last meeting was a straight sets win to Barty, was it not?
Yep, edited.

Still, she leads 3-1 and won their last meeting easily. pepsi must have missed that encounter.
I made mention in my post that their two matches on a hard court are split at one all. I don't think a clay court result is all that relevant to this discussion.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Incorrect. The last time they played was in Australia in 2021 and it was a fairly comfortable win for Collins in straight sets. Their other match on a hard court was a very close match in which Ash won in a 3rd set tiebreak.

Collins can beat Ash on Saturday.

Oops, my bad.

Gift snd BobbyMorri consider me facepalmed.🤬😷

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Jesus she's not the most likeable person on tour is Collins, never seen her crack a smile.

Yes, she seems a very intense individual, don't like anyone's chances if they burnt her steak or under cooked her pasta - doubt Tom Couch get's much of a say in anything..?
Fortunately Barty is not the fluffy bunny Swiatek just portrayed, so should be a interesting final...

Found a short clip from Danielle Collins's childhood:

Last edited:
Yep, edited.

Still, she leads 3-1 and won their last meeting easily. pepsi must have missed that encounter.
No she lost the most recent encounter 6-3 6-4 last year. Mate I’m not sure but you seem to struggle to understand what you are posting as evidence is actually proving the opposite of what you are saying.

Back