Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 11 (Women's Semi-Finals)

The Womens Final will be?

• Barty vs. Collins

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Barty vs. Swiatek

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Keys vs. Collins

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keys vs. Swiatek

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No she lost the most recent encounter 6-3 6-4 last year. Mate I’m not sure but you seem to struggle to understand what you are posting as evidence is actually proving the opposite of what you are saying.

Yes, see above mate.

Mugged myself off I have.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

For goodness sake Swiatek is only 20 she has lots of time to develop her game on different surfaces.
I actually like Collins she came across as pretty nice not over herself like others.
Beating Ash on hard court will put her in a positive mood but it is another thing to play Ash in a GS final in front of her home ground. She will have support so that is a good thing.
I just want a tight three setter not a one way final.

Collins could easily cause Ash some trouble by beating up on her forehand

But it’s been clear for a couple of rounds now that Barty’s biggest threat is herself. She is very capable of going walkabout at any time and handing the match to her opponent

Thats what they said about Keys. You are going to beat her you need to push her deep into her backhand side.

All of Swiateks weaknesses that collins is exploiting are Barty’s strengths. Barty is a great returner and server, Collins will not be able to do this against Barty.

Collins is just another Anisimova/Keys who thinks they can blast Barty off the court.

Correct. She is treating these so called heavy hitters with contempt. Rope a dope. She will win in straight sets. Keys was actually intimidated by what was up the other end.

Like who? Osaka? Well she plays similar to Anisimova, who beat her and then had Barty belt her up.

Barty beats anybody at the moment.

People were saying she couldn’t win because the draw was too hard. Now she’s lucky?

Seeds fall early in every major. It’s no reason to downplay those left standing.
Some imbecile journalist basically said the same thing in an online article the other day. Said the tournament was missing Serena to really challenge Ash. Are you ****ing serious ? Serena is near 40 as fat as a house and will never win another Grand Slam while her ample backside points to the ground.

Come to think of it does hers point to the ground ? :oops:

Collins is an absolute ball basher. She is very dangerous to Barty if she plays like tonight. I didnt think anyone could beat Barty before tonight but my tunes changed, i think Collins will ball bash Barty out of the tournament and the wait will continue for an aussie champion at the home slam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collins is an absolute ball basher. She is very dangerous to Barty if she plays like tonight. I didnt think anyone could beat Barty before tonight but my tunes changed, i think Collins will ball bash Barty out of the tournament and the wait will continue for an aussie champion at the home slam

Barty has beaten better 'ball bashers' than Collins. Collins has a 1-3 record against Barty and her record against the top 10 is pretty poor.

If Barty is on song then Collins won't win a set.

A heavy hitting strategy is usually only as good as your opponent allows. Fluffy bunny Swiatek had no counter for this tonight and kept lobbing meek serves to Collins's brutal forehands - and obviously she is not Ash Barty..!
Collins is $4.70, go for it...!

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s what they said about Anisimova. They said the same about Keys too.

Let’s see how Collins goes trying to bash the ball from shin height as Barty slices her to death and moves her all over the court like a chess piece.

See all you suckers back here Saturday night when an Australian is crowned AO 2022 Women's Champion. All sucked in by Swiatek's meek resistance where she was clearly legless. Collins can hit the ball as hard as she likes with her dunny door swinging. She will not win a set. This is a dominant display by the best women's player on the planet and she will steamroll another American to do it. Have people lost their marbles not remembering Barty has not lost a set and her serve only once for the entire tournament ?

If Collins wins the first set Barty will be in strief imo.

Very important Ash wins the first set

I think the first couple of games will cause some issues.

Collins has absolutely 0 pressure on her to win, so she will likely just come out swinging. If Ash can get through that, she will win comfortably.

See all you suckers back here Saturday night when an Australian is crowned AO 2022 Women's Champion. All sucked in by Swiatek's meek resistance where she was clearly legless. Collins can hit the ball as hard as she likes with her dunny door swinging. She will not win a set. This is a dominant display by the best women's player on the planet and she will steamroll another American to do it. Have people lost their marbles not remembering Barty has not lost a set and her serve once for the entire tournament ?

People get sucked in by the most recent match they have seen.

I think the first couple of games will cause some issues.

Collins has absolutely 0 pressure on her to win, so she will likely just come out swinging. If Ash can get through that, she will win comfortably.

Yeah

All her matches have started iffy and then some how gets in the grove and demolishes her opponent. once she works out the opponent its good night.

Back