Day RLA:
Polmans/Sanders mixed doubles
Mertens v Wozniacki (Mertens in 3)
Kerber v Halep (Kerber in 3)

Night RLA:
Edmund v Cilic (Cilic in 3)
Bryan brothers mixed doubles

Others:
Dylan Alcott playing wheelchair doubles final today and opener of the wheelchair singles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Rinky Hijikata who I have never heard of is still in the junior boys and through to the quarter finals.
Same, never heard of him. Hopefully has a win though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Arbuckle

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Day RLA:
Mertens v Wozniacki (Mertens in 3)
Kerber v Halep (Kerber in 3)

Would be great to see some three-set women's semis, for a change.

There has only been 1 of them of the last 10 at the Australian Open!

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Kerber v Halep will be quite a long game surely. Both like pace yet cant really generate enough of it to break down people. can see Kerber winning a long one.

Mertens will try and do what she did to Woz. If she plays that well again, then she is more than a chance.

Edit: dont sit on a fence
Kerber in 3
Mertens in 2.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Mertens wins today it will be the third time in her entire career she has beaten someone in the top 10 - one of the other two occurring a couple of days ago. A Chung-like meteoric rise.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If Mertens wins today it will be the third time in her entire career she has beaten someone in the top 10 - one of the other two occurring a couple of days ago. A Chung-like meteoric rise.
The other time, Vesnina at the Fed Cup????

That was massive for her that weekend. Lead Belguim to victory. She was nominated as newcomer of the year last year so this has been coming.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I won't hate Wozniacki winning this tournament. Indeed, I like all 4 semi-finalists.

Halep is the new Wozniacki. Wozniacki deserves a grand slam title. has improved her game so so much. Haelp has had to work so hard to get to this stage.

Kerber and Mertens are 2 of my most fav players. Kerber comeback story would be something.

Arbuckle

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Rennae might as well tell us Wozniacki's complete life story at this point. She couldn't fangirl any more than what she currently is without doing that.

Yep, awful commentator. Absolutely awful. She spends almost every match doing exactly what you're saying - and, worse still, trying to tell us how closely she personally knows the winner.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I like these semis. Mertens is a decent player on the rise, Halep and especially Wozniacki are slam-due, and Kerber obviously has enticing slam form and is well liked. If you don't like those semi's, you don't like tennis.

Certainly more appealing than the men's side, which has the appearance of Fed in 3 or 4 sets over Cilic, and two breakthrough slam runs (ala Baghdatis, Verkerk, etc.) who would seriously defy the odds to win the tournament based upon the previous decade, and therefore must be considered remote even when this close.

Last edited:
Back