Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Seems like a lot of people leaving. Hopefully just people without RLA access. This match should be good. I really, really hope Sabalenka doesn’t choke tonight. Cmon girl, you deserve this. Let’s do it!

Seems like a lot of people leaving. Hopefully just people without RLA access. This match should be good. I really, really hope Sabalenka doesn’t choke tonight. Cmon girl, you deserve this. Let’s do it!

Can’t agree

Go Magna!

Dokic picked Rybakina. I would like Dokic to receive an Australian of the Year Award. She is such a joy to watch and is really learning the art of interviewing. I would love for another network to pick her up during the season.

Jelena the only commentator with a brain lol

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
A bunch of players have got to a new career-high ranking after this AO (and a few could even go higher):

10 Rybakina
17 Alexandrova
22 Linette
31 Kalinina
51 Fruhvirtova
54 Lin
86 Bucsa
94 Schnaider
96 Volynets

09 Rune
15 Tiafoe
18 Musetti
19 Paul
26 Korda
39 Lehecka
43 Shelton
47 Wolf
51 Lestienne
78 Kubler
92 Zhang
94 Varillas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Lol Sabalenka blasted an amazing winner first point after being broken. Crowd gave her nothing. It’s not even 10pm. Are they all asleep? Wake up. It’s like me being given death stares by the oldies in Adelaide because my clapping was “loud”.

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would love for another network to pick her up during the season.

???? So that no Aussies get to hear her during Grand Slam tournaments?

I get the impression that Jelena doesn't want to go jetting around the world following the tour.

Whatever happens tonight, Rybakina will be in top 10 soon and should be there for the foreseeable. Only reason she isn’t already top 5-10 is the non counting of points at Wimbledon last year.
Djokovic would be number 1, Kyrigos would be top 10 etc. etc.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
I love Rybakina. What a performance. From court 13 to the final, shove it AO organisers. She is a star.
Real disrespect of the Wimbledon winner. Weird.

Djokovic would be number 1, Kyrigos would be top 10 etc. etc.
Yup.
Hard for Iga to get beaten in 4th round by essentially a top 5 player that was incorrectly seeded.

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
No not during GS

I'm sure some overseas broadcasters would have approached Jelena to see if she is interested in doing commentary (as she is very good) but she doesn't seem interested.

With Channel 9 having the rights to the Slams (and the AO season) she seems more comfortable just doing it down here including calling matches from RG, Wimby or NY from some studio downunder). I guess 10 weeks or so of work a year is enough to pay her bills.

Back