• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AdelaideGT

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lightweight Albo in the house after firing up the private jet we pay for. Stuff the environment if there is a chance for a photo op

Should he have walked back from Alice Springs? That would have guaranteed him more photographers than watching a tennis match.

Was John Howard ever absent from any sporting contest during his time as PM?

All politicians (let alone tennis players) fly in their own jets. But the RAAF jet is a 'public' one not a 'private' one.

Last edited:

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Maybe. He has a mile to go to get to win a slam or more
Listen you’re no judge. Are you doubting his potential to even win a GS ? According to you Barty wasnt winning last year’s Women’s. You had every European female you could think of in front of her. So I will pass on your judgement of a players potential with all due respect.

Listen you’re no judge. Are you doubting his potential to even win a GS ? According to you Barty wasnt winning last year’s Women’s. You had every European female you could think of in front of her. So I will pass on your judgement of a players potential with all due respect.

Never said that but he has a mile to go. Alcatraz is lengths in front. Then you have your Zverev, etc. Even he’d admit he is 2 years away at a minimum

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Never said that but he has a mile to go. Alcatraz is lengths in front. Then you have your Zverev, etc. Even he’d admit he is 2 years away at a minimum
Agreed
Novak still needs to beat Stef
He won’t win another RG with Rafa and Alcaraz
He will probably be 24 by years end but nothing is guaranteed.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Isn't it arguable that he is in the top 3 ranked players on clay of all time?
He has won 85 matches at the French Open (36 more than Borg), he has won the Monte-Carlo Masters twice, he has won Madrid three times and Rome six times. In total he has won 18 clay titles (obviously including two majors, he has also been runner up four times).
Now that's not Borg levels, and definitely not at Nadal's ridiculous level, however I struggle to think of any other player who is clearly better on clay than Djokovic.

What must Tsip thinking right now
“s**t where are my hotel room keys…?”

“What am I going to have for breakfast in the morning?”

“Do Australian crowds like me or Novak better?”

Take your pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed
Novak still needs to beat Stef
He won’t win another RG with Rafa and Alcaraz
He will probably be 24 by years end but nothing is guaranteed.

He will be a hot favourite at Wimbledon regardless

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Well at least he won eight games. I missed out by 1.
Outside that run of four games at the end of the first where Djokovic clearly dropped his level mentally Paul only won four more games for the match.
Clearly out of his depth here and would've only been competitive had Djokovic played at less than 50% capacity all match.
Good on Paul for making it so far. Whether he makes it to a semi-final of a major again remains to be seen, but I'm skeptical.

Anyways, not sure Tsitsipas will be too fussed by the scoreline. A soft win over an out-of-depth opponent doesn’t make his task any harder than it already was. Fairly sure he knows about Djokovic’s capabilities by now.

Back