Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 12

The Mens final will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anyone but trolls, Serbs and Russians left who like this guy
His tennis is amazing, I can’t deny that. Clearly one of the best, if not the best ever. But it staggers me how many folks so readily heap adulation on somebody who seems to be such a tedious sort of fellow.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
A long long way to go ? He is 19 ranked in the top dozen players in the game and won the Paris Masters beating this ignorant pig. I’m not saying he will be better than Alcaraz but I’m saying he is on his way to the top echelon of the game.
You see, you lose all credibility when you make statements like “ignorant pig”. Pathetic.

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Novak is going to beat Nadals slam total

Comfortably too. He'll end up with 26-27 at least. All depends on when Nadal retires really.

Laughable how behind the next gen are to a 36yo, even if that 36yo is the best there will be. Shocking look for them but Novak has a ton of longevity left in him..he doesn't move or even look his like his age...he currently looks like he could play til 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't understand this mindset and probably never will

It's like you have nothing else going on in your own life
Generally a mindset embraced by the foolish.

“I don’t get why all these smart people hate person X, so I’m going to be contrary and love them just so that all those smart people are annoyed. It just makes me feel better.”

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Comfortably too. He'll end up with 26-27 at least. All depends on when Nadal retires really.

Laughable how behind the next gen are to a 36yo, even if that 36yo is the best there will be. Shocking look for them but Novak has a ton of longevity left in him..he doesn't move or even look his like his age...he currently looks like he could play til 42
26-27? I wish. Grand slams are very hard to win. Just because it looks like Novak is possibly heading towards another, it doesn’t mean that the run won’t dry up suddenly. Alcaráz, Sinner, Tsitsipas, Zverev, Korda, Rune, the challengers are increasing and Novak is only getting older. I take nothing for granted.

BrissyLions101

Senior List
Apr 7, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Generally a mindset embraced by the foolish.

“I don’t get why all these smart people hate person X, so I’m going to be contrary and love them just so that all those smart people are annoyed. It just makes me feel better.”
Who are these "smart people" you are referring to?

I just don't understand this mindset and probably never will

It's like you have nothing else going on in your own life

Like him more than Federer and it’s not even close. Always have.

giphy.gif

Tomic is more likeable!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Ditto here.
Novak is just staggering in terms of what he has produced. 21 majors DURING the best era of all time. It’s astounding. His tennis even at 60% is still better then anyone close.
It’s funny, because people always say sports is not about politics, but get salty and try to pin something on Novak. Undisputed GOAT, but apparently he’s a s**t person and his game is boring/unsocial. Triggers people.

Back