Grand Slam Australian Open Day 13 - Barty v Collins + Mens Double final CONGRATS ASH BARTY 🏆🍸🍾

Barty v Collins

• Barty in 2

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Barty in 3

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Collins in 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She's still been on the tour since 2014 and whilst she did hit it later than others - there are likely reasons for that, being that she's not a supremely talented player.

I rate Keys much higher than Collins in terms of raw ability and Ash dispatched her in straight sets.

I'm not knocking Collins at all, but I do think people have maybe been hoodwinked a bit and are making her into something she isn't. Collins is a tough tough competitor, who puts it all behind every point.

Unfortunatley, she's going to need more than that to beat an in form Barty - in my view and she doesn't have that.
She did beat Barty in Adelaide last year. Is Barty better january 2021?

french open mood GIF by Roland-Garros

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
She did beat Barty in Adelaide last year. Is Barty better january 2021?

Adelaide was after the slam finished last year, no one cared. Swiatek beat Collins in Adelaide last year, did not help her getting mercilessly destroyed by Collins in the semi the other day. Head to heads in tennis are pretty much meaningless unless they are significantly lopsided ala Nadal v Federer where there is a technical element at play.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
The whole of Australia will be watching tonight and the pressure of breaking the drought.

But in typical Ash style she won’t let it faze her she’ll just continue what she has been doing this whole tournament and bring home the 🏆

Let’s get the Barty Party started
She‘s choked in the past.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Little Russian guy carried on like a spoilt 3 year old,how will ever recover? Apart from the million dollars he will probably walk away with, tennis players: breed of their own
Umpire grew a set of balls after that spray.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Managed to get 2 tickets for tonight and that re.. being a member of the Blairgowrie Yacht Club and the Safety Beach Country Club helps mate.. a call.. 5 minutes later.. 2 tickets mate.. no worries mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.
Working overseas (SE Asia) many moons ago, we sent a few of our senior local staff to Australia for training. When they returned I asked them how was their experience. The office manager pipes up and says; "It was great, but you all sound like Geese!"... G'Day mate, OK mate, Sure mate, See ya mate, No worries mate, Morning mate, What's that mate, mate, mate, mate, mate, mate..!

Last edited:

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I'm on my way to the game.. and I don't even know who the Kokk and King are playing against.. who are they again and that re?

You wouldn't, as according to the media Ebden and Purcell are nobodies - gee I hope they thrash Curious Nick and his side-kick..! Although, with an unseeded vs a wild card pair anything could happen..?

Last edited:
Back