Grand Slam Australian Open Day 13 - Barty v Collins + Mens Double final CONGRATS ASH BARTY 🏆🍸🍾

Barty v Collins

• Barty in 2

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Barty in 3

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Collins in 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
4.jpg

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Top 20 is at absolute best and on a good year. Think where he is at the moment is about right. 4th round with a good draw is about it
De Minaur has already been top 20.

So has Kyrgios but he is 27 this year and his ranking is heading outwards not inwards. Time is running out for a mental turnaround. Frankly I don’t think he will do it because he doesn’t give a s**t.

De Minaur has already been top 20.

So has Kyrgios but he is 27 this year and his ranking is heading outwards not inwards. Time is running out for a mental turnaround. Frankly I don’t think he will do it because he doesn’t give a sh*t.

That’s his peak make the most of it. Nothing wrong with that by the way he’s solid.

Top 20 is at absolute best and on a good year. Think where he is at the moment is about right. 4th round with a good draw is about it

Top 20 is absolute best? Has already been top 15.

You’re talking nonsense again.

Top 20 is absolute best? Has already been top 15.

You’re talking nonsense again.

Let’s see how he is in a year. Have a feeling I’m right. Doesn’t have weapons it’s that simple you need them nowadays it’s not 1995 the game has changed.

Let’s see how he is in a year. Have a feeling I’m right. Doesn’t have weapons it’s that simple you need them nowadays it’s not 1995 the game has changed.

He was top 15 in 2021, not 1995.

We don't have to wait for next year. We can already categorically say that what you posted is wrong.

He was top 15 in 2021, not 1995.

We don't have to wait for next year. We can already categorically say that what you posted is wrong.
Mate he could be #1 in the world and Captain Neckbeard would still claim "see I was right Top 20 is his peak."

Mate he could be #1 in the world and Captain Neckbeard would still claim "see I was right Top 20 is his peak."

Sometimes it’s difficult to differentiate between the troll, the obtuse and the just plain simple.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Be interesting to see if they continue as a pair at other tournaments. A grand slam doubles title is nothing to sneeze at and could get you a plane to Turin and the end of year champs.

Plus a lotta of money

It was mentioned in the print somewhere it will be both KK and Kygrios’s biggest pay cheques of their careers, singles or doubles

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny thing is the amount of determination and training it takes to even get to Nicks current level is most likely more than anyone in this thread can say about themselves, otherwise they wouldn’t be writing in this thread 😂 does he care about being the best and winning slams? No I don’t think it really bothers him anymore, why does it bother you all so much?

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was curious to see Barty's ranking points and the updated top 10 after the AO

Capture.JPG

Impressive. And no points to defend at Roland Garros. She could sit on a beach drinking Corona until Wimbledon and hold on to number 1 spot.

Was curious to see Barty's ranking points and the updated top 10 after the AO

View attachment 1318656

Impressive. And no points to defend at Roland Garros. She could sit on a beach drinking Corona until Wimbledon and hold on to number 1 spot.

Beats Henin’s top as weeks for number 1 easily.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many Grand slams does everyone reckon Barty will win.

I reckon she will get at least a minimum of 10 and probably more.

Already has 3.

But i get the sense the Barty dominance is just beginning.

She has already knocked off Wimbledon and Australian Open the 2 main Grand Slams i think Australians care about the most.

So there is now no more pressure to break any long standing drought any more. She has already achieved it and can only make her better.

I suppose next challenge is defending her titles and going B2B.

Very hard to predict probably depends on the next 2-3 years where she’ll be at her peak. I’ll guess 8. Think she wins most of the AO, Wimbledon’s. The US is a push but she’ll win 1 of those you’d assume

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

Already has 3.

But i get the sense the Barty dominance is just beginning.

She has already knocked off Wimbledon and Australian Open the 2 main Grand Slams i think Australians care about the most.

So there is now no more pressure to break any long standing drought any more. She has already achieved it and can only make her better.

I suppose next challenge is defending her titles and going B2B.
No chance to reach 10

Her coach was very negative about winning the US Open with the balls they use. And there is a lot of young players. Iga Swiatek is only 20. Coco Gauff is already a star quality on clay and she is only 17. Tauson is one to watch and is another teen. Raducanu has already won 1.

The big 3 + Serena has made winning a grand slam look easy. It really is not. Especially in the women's game and Bo3 sets format. Barty is at her peak age right now.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I don't take any of these slams for granted (and don't really care about slam tallies, the season tour week-to-week is ingrained in me). You never know what could happen, cherish the now. I'm just savouring each of these successful runs for the hearty delights they are, riding every match and the points of difference with these slams. She got the career surface slam, nixed the local hoodoo and will be #1 for a good while yet, that will do me for a good while. Stay healthy, stay dreaming, and she'll be right amongst it many more times, but if not, still our greatest singles player (men or women) since EGC which is definitely some feat.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

That is just him doing his job by hosing down speculation/pressure

She won Cincinnati last year playing with exactly the same balls as the USO

If she can win at Roland Garros she can win at Flushing Meadows

Ash is a great player and should win more slams, but dominating to that level requires extreme longevity, which means the ability to win against most of the field even when in indifferent form. She's not shown the ability to do that (in fact more the reverse - she tends to drop off a cliff pretty quickly when not at her best).

No chance to reach 10

Her coach was very negative about winning the US Open with the balls they use. And there is a lot of young players. Iga Swiatek is only 20. Coco Gauff is already a star quality on clay and she is only 17. Tauson is one to watch and is another teen. Raducanu has already won 1.

The big 3 + Serena has made winning a grand slam look easy. It really is not. Especially in the women's game and Bo3 sets format. Barty is at her peak age right now.

Tend to agree. Somewhere between 3 and 10. Will depend on the next two years as those girls won’t be ready yet. Tauson looks someone pretty special

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That is just him doing his job by hosing down speculation/pressure

She won Cincinnati last year playing with exactly the same balls as the USO

If she can win at Roland Garros she can win at Flushing Meadows

Ash is a great player and should win more slams, but dominating to that level requires extreme longevity, which means the ability to win against most of the field even when in indifferent form. She's not shown the ability to do that (in fact more the reverse - she tends to drop off a cliff pretty quickly when not at her best).

I can't be the only one who is surprised there are different types of balls used for gender.

Is this strictly a thing at the US/ American tournaments or occurs across the board?

No chance to reach 10

Plus add Anisimova to that mix, she's another potential top 10 player that's capable of winning a slam

Back