Grand Slam Australian Open Day 13 - Barty v Collins + Mens Double final CONGRATS ASH BARTY 🏆🍸🍾

Barty v Collins

• Barty in 2

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Barty in 3

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Collins in 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It never used to be like this.

Between '87 - '96, only three women won the French Open. See if you can work out the three players who did this without looking it up.
Graf, Seles and I don't know, to late for Martina or Evert. What county?

Edit: Just read up. Should've got the 3rd.

Barty should have a successful 2022 because she can adopt a more flexible schedule with the ability to travel back to Oz twice during the season - She'll probably return to OZ in late April and then in Mid July - No more spending 7 or 8 continuous months on the road.

Fair to say Nick and Purcell wont be teaming up in the doubles in the Davis Cup any time soon.

Funnily enough Nick, he probably played you off the court for the most part in that game. KK was the reason you won it.

If he had KK as a partner, he would have swept you and Ebden 6-0 6-0.

1643669889396.png

I actually think Kyrgios didnt really say anything disrespectful about Barty, i certainly didnt see his comments as a DIRECT comparison to Barty and the crowd she drew, having said that, he is an idiot and probably should have just avoided anything other than praise and commendation for Ash.

His stuff about Max is just idiotic, chill man, put the phone down and chill.

I actually think Kyrgios didnt really say anything disrespectful about Barty, i certainly didnt see his comments as a DIRECT comparison to Barty and the crowd she drew, having said that, he is an idiot and probably should have just avoided anything other than praise and commendation for Ash.

His stuff about Max is just idiotic, chill man, put the phone down and chill.

Didn't that Kiwi say he had the maturity of a 10 year old ? He was off the mark by about 3 years. 13 would have been more accurate.

Kyrgios continues to be a flog. But he gets a free pass by people still. He doesn't change.

By the way Nick, Purcell played a fantastic match in the final and was second best on court after kokkinakis.

Yeah Nick is trying to stay relevant. He only cares about things when he's in the limelight which is for what 2 weeks a year. Watch him do nothing the rest of the year as usual.

Fair to say Nick and Purcell wont be teaming up in the doubles in the Davis Cup any time soon.

Funnily enough Nick, he probably played you off the court for the most part in that game. KK was the reason you won it.

If he had KK as a partner, he would have swept you and Ebden 6-0 6-0.

View attachment 1319701
100 percent spot on. Purcell was BOG. Not that it makes a difference but was there watching it live and thought exactly that by the end of the first set. He was fantastic. KOK's forehand was the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100 percent spot on. Purcell was BOG. Not that it makes a difference but was there watching it live and thought exactly that by the end of the first set. He was fantastic. KOK's forehand was the difference.

Agreed. Purcell was the only reason that match was close. Ebden was abysmal. Finally they worked out to hit it Ebden late and won the match. Purcell really was outstanding really.

Kyrgios will continue to be the warm up act to the real guns at the AO for another couple of years before fading off into irrelevance.
His next job will be entertaining the live studio audience before the taping of The Chaser.

Kyrgios will continue to be the warm up act to the real guns at the AO for another couple of years before fading off into irrelevance.
His next job will be entertaining the live studio audience before the taping of The Chaser.

To be fair I probably watched more mens doubles this tournament than ever before. Usually find it boring as anything. Usually love womens doubles though, just find mens is very serve oriented. So I'll give him props in making the mens doubles box office.

That said I'm not sure how long I'll stand the circus act long term.

To be fair I probably watched more mens doubles this tournament than ever before. Usually find it boring as anything. Usually love womens doubles though, just find mens is very serve oriented. So I'll give him props in making the mens doubles box office.

That said I'm not sure how long I'll stand the circus act long term.

It was only box office because we love to get behind our own.

They will be playing in front of 20 people on one of the back courts of Roland Garos at the French Open and no one will tune into the Eurosport 6 feed required to watch it either.

The same will happen at Wimbledon.

The same reason Casey Dellacqua use to play in front of 10,000 people on center court of a grand slam for most of her matches and then struggle through qualifying the rest of the year.

Last edited:
It was only box office because we love to get behind our own.

They will be playing in front of 20 people on one of the back courts of Roland Garos at the French Open and no one will tune into the Eurosport 6 feed required to watch it either.

I have questions whether they'll even last till Roland Garos, that's a long time for Nick to not get bored. I mean he's odds on to be with some new social media influencer girl by then!

ee7d2603c4da3bd450d8b8a644baead66381c86c

Took a "double take" when I saw this pic of "Rafa" in the Age today.
Thought someone had mined his old social media accounts and found some blackface?

What the f is going on here? Fake tan fail?

I have questions whether they'll even last till Roland Garos, that's a long time for Nick to not get bored. I mean he's odds on to be with some new social media influencer girl by then!
I thought Nick openly said he wont play RG at all and wont play Doubles at Wimbledone.

US open the next possibility (if at all)

Yeah Nick is trying to stay relevant. He only cares about things when he's in the limelight which is for what 2 weeks a year. Watch him do nothing the rest of the year as usual.
He will stay home and play PlayStation and post updates on social media

I thought Nick openly said he wont play RG at all and wont play Doubles at Wimbledone.

US open the next possibility (if at all)

Why am I not surprised. Don't know what his plan is then because he's not lasting long in singles at Wimbledon. French Open forget it, first round at best

He will stay home and play PlayStation and post updates on social media

With his newest Instagram girl I'm sure. Yeah we all know how this ends. He gets bored of both.

Why am I not surprised. Don't know what his plan is then because he's not lasting long in singles at Wimbledon. French Open forget it, first round at best
He said it at one of the pressers.

Hes not playing RG at all, singles or doubles.

Wimbledon he wont play doubles.

US maybe he plays both.

Whether he does any of the above who knows but id be suprised if he plays something he has now said he wont (wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt play at all)

Back