Grand Slam Australian Open Day 13 - Barty v Collins + Mens Double final CONGRATS ASH BARTY 🏆🍸🍾

Barty v Collins

• Barty in 2

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Barty in 3

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Collins in 2

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair to say Nick and Purcell wont be teaming up in the doubles in the Davis Cup any time soon.

Funnily enough Nick, he probably played you off the court for the most part in that game. KK was the reason you won it.

If he had KK as a partner, he would have swept you and Ebden 6-0 6-0.

View attachment 1319701

I'm a fan of Nick but I didn't like these comments. Not that Nick cares but seemed like a cheap shot.
I didn't think anything Purcell said was worthy of bringing up the two final loses.

Your right, Purcell played really well. I thought Ebden was the weak link and Kokk carried Kyrigios in the final.

Why am I not surprised. Don't know what his plan is then because he's not lasting long in singles at Wimbledon. French Open forget it, first round at best

He is still listed to have a wildcard for Dallas next week but not sure that will happen . I think he will mainly play here and the US. He likes Miami and Indian Wells.

He said it at one of the pressers.

Hes not playing RG at all, singles or doubles.

Wimbledon he wont play doubles.

US maybe he plays both.

Whether he does any of the above who knows but id be suprised if he plays something he has now said he wont (wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt play at all)

This isn’t surprising.

He is what he is at this point.

He’s probably one of the laziest pro’s in recent history and he hides behind this insecurity with his bravado regarding wanting to “entertain”. He will be the kind of guy post retirement who would claim he could have won a slam if he wanted to.

You even see it on the court, he barely gets to balls half the time and is as far off the top players physically as your local player is talent wise from the pro tour.

There’s a reason why Nadal always laughs when he is asked about him and Nadal almost gets offended sometimes. He isn’t a pro athlete, he’s a kid who was blessed with incredible talent that enables him to coast at that level.

Just look at Kokkanakis, even despite all the injuries he’s now in his mid 20’s, he looks like a pro athlete that has put in the hard yards and looks strong and fit. Nick barely looks like he’s set foot in a gym in his entire life.

He will be Tomic 2.0 in 3-4 years, just playing a few tournaments a year to pay for his lifestyle.

Last edited:
This isn’t surprising.

He is what he is at this point.

He’s probably one of the laziest pro’s in recent history and he hides behind this insecurity with his bravado regarding wanting to “entertain”. He will be the kind of guy post retirement who would claim he could have won a slam if he wanted to.

You even see it on the court, he barely gets to balls half the time and is as far off the top players physically as your local player is talent wise from the pro tour.

There’s a reason why Nadal always laughs when he is asked about him and Nadal almost gets offended sometimes. He isn’t a pro athlete, he’s a kid who was blessed with incredible talent that enables him to coast at that level.

Just look at Kokkanakis, even despite all the injuries he’s now in his mid 20’s, he looks like a pro athlete that has put in the hard yards and looks strong and fit. Nick barely looks like he’s set foot in a gym in his entire life.

He will be Tomic 2.0 in 3-4 years, just playing a few tournaments a year to pay for his lifestyle.
Tomic is a strange case, he was coached by his controlling dad.
Nick seems like a spoilt brat and surrounded by yes people

Purcell and Kokkinakis would make a good doubles team for Davis cup but it's a shame Kyrgios keeps attacking Purcell.

Tomic is a strange case, he was coached by his controlling dad.
Nick seems like a spoilt brat and surrounded by yes people

Purcell and Kokkinakis would make a good doubles team for Davis cup but it's a shame Kyrgios keeps attacking Purcell.
Hewitt and Purcell would need to mend some bridges for that to happen. Plus we have Peers anyway

Hewitt and Purcell would need to mend some bridges for that to happen. Plus we have Peers anyway

Peers has made 3 grand slam doubles finals in his career, winning 1 of those at 33.

Purcell has already made 2 finals and is 10 years younger. If Purcell hooks up with a good partner, he will win a fair few IMO, he's got a great game for doubles.

Excellent at the net and quite a nasty serve also. I think he's going to go quite well in singles in the next few years also, top 75 not out of the question IMO, he has the weapons.

Purcell and Peers would be an interesting combo tbh. He's played mainly with Saville and an ageing Ebden, not great partners to date tbh.

Back