Australian open - Day 13

Halep or Wozniacki?

• Halep

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Wozniacki

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a good match, was probably going for Simona during the game but happy to see wozz win it, they both played some incredible points, dare I say it will probably be a far more entertaining match than tomorrow nights will be

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Lived up to the hype, congrats to both women. I've thoroughly enjoyed this tournament
That's it. Quality match that lived up to the hype.
Hopefully Cilic can be relatively competitive tomorrow night. Maybe pinch a set off Fed or push to some TB's at least to finish off the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure we need a runners up trophy. I wouldn't be that thrilled having 3 big silver dishes in my house as a reminder of the most devastating moments in my career
This is tennis, not AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So happy for Caroline. Was maligned as an undeserving #1 previously and had to make changes to her game. The monkey is off her back. Awesome!
Agreed. So frustrating supporting her as she has the shots and the fitness, but something goes missing; but tonight, with her improved serve and aggression, she seems to have some weapons to win a GS.
They are so evenly matched these 2.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Halep has not been disgraced in any of her 3 slam finals appearances. She has been gracious in defeat, she has fought for every point til the end, she's been honest about her emotions after each match and I hope more than any other player this year, she wins at Roland garros. She deserves to be a slam champion.

What Wozniacki has achieved since early last year in Doha, is turn her career around. Doubt any expert would have predicted this result one year ago.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Great Women's Final tonight.

1) Good to see both women ride out injuries and continue the match, showing more toughness than some of their male counterparts (Maybe they should have had Nadal v Chung in a "oh, I'm injured" women's final and put them in dresses).

2) Good to see Caroline Wozinacki finally win a Grand Slam.

I thought it was disgusting years ago how she was treated when she was No.1. She copped lots of hate for not winning a Grand Slam, despite being No. 1.

I don't remember Jana Jankovic or Dinara Safina copping the same treatment when she was No.1 without winning a title, and they weren't nearly as talented as Woz.

I suspect that if Woz was a "plain Jane", instead of being an attractive, bubbly, smiling blonde, that she wouldn't have got trolled so often being No.1. Jealousy is a curse.

But now, she is No.1 and has a title as well, so the haters can shove it.

PS I hope Halep doesn't get hate for being No.1 and not winning a title yet.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
This Aussie ump is showcasing his Spanish skills like a dead set champ. Angling for a Roland Garros final perhaps...

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Well they speak French at Roland garros so not sure on your point there. He's definitely going with a bit of spanglish however.

My implication was that Rafa will be in the final and possibly another Spanish clay courter such as Busta or Vinolas or South American player like Schwartzman.

Charliebrow 16

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Federer, Birmingham FC
I was a neutral going into this match. Afterwards I went from feeling overjoyed for Wozniacki to empty and gutted for Halep in the space of minutes.

I need Halep to win a Slam now - I’ll be cheering her on however long it takes. I suspect it’s only a matter of time.

Back