Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 14, Mens Final)

Thiem v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Yeah this thread is such a tiresome read. Filled with people whinging about the crowd. Where’s the actual tennis talk?

Same thing happens every year when the Novak fanboys get upset. Crowd whinging honestly needs its own thread.
yeah. hate to say it that they are hypocrites.

They are the first to bag out the crowd for the Federer love-in but when the crowd doesn't show any support for their man, they say a crowd lacks respect.

So what is it you want? You want a Big 3 lovefest(in which case, you can't bag Fed) or something more neutral. And the crowd was neutral. they wanted a match. If you want to see a hostile crowd, rewatch the Li Na v Azarenka final all those years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boncer34

Inaugural Steward
Jul 11, 2005
Baghdad
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
yeah. hate to say it that they are hypocrites.

They are the first to bag out the crowd for the Federer love-in but when the crowd doesn't show any support for their man, they say a crowd lacks respect.

So what is it you want? You want a Big 3 lovefest(in which case, you can't bag Fed) or something more neutral. And the crowd was neutral. they wanted a match. If you want to see a hostile crowd, rewatch the Li Na v Azarenka final all those years ago.
And Federer fans aren't hypocrites?

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
That's life. Famous people are spoken about.

Djokovic seemed to be fairly good friends with Bryant, so not sure why anyone should have a crack at him over his speech. Djokovic started crying the other day post match when talking about Bryant.
Because the internet is full of horrendous degenerate filth who will invent whatever scenario they wish to justify their hatred of a person, no matter whether there's even a grain of truth to it.

Christ I'm loving guzzling the salty tears today. I really do hope Novak gets past 20 and then piles a few more on just so he can make sure it'll be a long, long time that those mutts who consistently go after him have to grind their teeth while looking at the all-time winners list.

DAlembert

All Australian
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Novak played some great tennis. This guy is special. Thiem hats off gave it plenty and the crowd got their monies worth. Naturally the main street media had to have their scandal moment and they got it. I had no problems with the crowd and the umpire I think jumped the gun on the time violation. Foot tap was a storm in a tea cup and the sarcasm was first class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
I feel empty and lost without any AO to watch tonight, my life is borderline meaningless
I turn on the TV about 10 minutes ago, first time it's been on since last night so it's still on channel 9. To my horror, married at first sight is on. TV straight back off. It's ok, only 351 more days til AO 2021 begins.

mcgarnacle

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2003
Inner West
AFL Club
Sydney
I turn on the TV about 10 minutes ago, first time it's been on since last night so it's still on channel 9. To my horror, married at first sight is on. TV straight back off. It's ok, only 351 more days til AO 2021 begins.
there's tennis all year round - just saying.

next couple of MAJOR tournaments in a month at Indian Wells and Miami

mcgarnacle

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2003
Inner West
AFL Club
Sydney
That’s out of control if he does.

He is one tough man. Maybe the toughest in tennis history.
just tennis history? to know you're disliked, by 15k folks in the building but put it aside and get on with the job....i'm sure not many of us could constantly turn up to work and be good at it or be the GOAT, in similar circumstances.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
there's tennis all year round - just saying.

next couple of MAJOR tournaments in a month at Indian Wells and Miami
Yeah you are right. I follow the tennis season so am aware. But wall to wall 11am to 11pm coverage every 2 weeks in our time zone, on a major network, only ever happens during the aus open.

Top Bottom