Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 14, Mens Final)

Thiem v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Federer took timeouts against Nadal in 2017, Millman and Sandgren this year but that is ignored.
Djoker has done many times, Wawrinka, Nadal, Fed, Hewitt, Roddick to name a few times.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha, you got to feel for Novak. The guy is the greatest AO player of all time by a mile, hasn't done anything wrong, congratulates and hugs Dylan Alcott on court for winning the wheelchair tennis, and the crowd still don't like him.

Djokovic is just a natural villain. Even though Federer is like 10 times more smug, average joes still cheer for him like madmen over Djok.

Oh please. He yelled at the crowd, touched the umpires feet, was completely rude to the umpire. Completely unprofessional.

And he also told the crowd to shut the f up. That is unacceptable.

Haha, you got to feel for Novak. The guy is the greatest AO player of all time by a mile, hasn't done anything wrong, congratulates and hugs Dylan Alcott on court for winning the wheelchair tennis, and the crowd still don't like him.

Djokovic is just a natural villain. Even though Federer is like 10 times more smug, average joes still cheer for him like madmen over Djok.

Hey I know a Serbian friend called Joe.

Tig017

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh please. He yelled at the crowd, touched the umpires feet, was completely rude to the umpire. Completely unprofessional.
Haha cry some more you pathetic loser. You whine about crap like that after claiming Serena's likable? Talk about double standards.

Touching an umpire's precious foot is despicable, horrible act? But threatening to shove a racquet down a lineswoman's throat is likable? Carrying on about the US Open being "MY court"? Lmao

I really don’t understand. Last year I met Novak and he come across nicest guy around. Down to earth relaxed and cheerful.

Don’t think he’ll get the love until Fed retires to be honest.

Thiem, Zverev, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Berretini, Rublev, Shapavolov, Schwartzman, Khachanov, Auger-Allisiame, De Minaur, Ruud, Pouille, Hurcakz, Fritz, Humbert, alll young enough to improve heaps and promising its going to be a great next decade and wont be the easiest for the older 3 to keep winning slams as some of them are really close.

You can take De Minaur out. The others yep.

That was an exciting final. One of the things that made the final exciting is that most predicted Muguruza to win. Another thing is we got a new winner. When the game comes predictable, it becomes dull and frankly not worth watching.

Exciting final? What to see how many doubles Muguruza could serve?

Don’t worry happy for Kenin but that was an utter error fest the whole match. Tonight was winners from both players.

The ending last night summed up that match.

Could happen in our lifetime.

No one thought anyone would surpass Sampras' record of 7 Wimbledon Championships and yet Federer achieved it about 10-15 years later.

I wouldn’t be betting on it. Think we’ve seen 3 of the greatest players in one era. It’s likely it won’t happen or go close to again.

It might happen but the odds are against it.

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Serena has a higher number and is actually likeable. Sleep well.
GIF-laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Kevin-Malone-Brian-Baumgartner-The-Office-GIF.gif

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t think he’ll get the love until Fed retires to be honest.

Won’t even get the love then honestly. Most Fed fans will probably choose Nadal next or one of the nextgen players.

Pretty sure that most people don’t like Djokovic because of his personality. That’s why I don’t like him and I have heard the same from many others. There is no changing that.

IMO Djoker behaves like a twat because thats what he needs to do to stay in the zone. Look at any of the greats of any sport and they have a killer attitude. Djoker probably acts similar to Draymond Green but at the end of the day they need their killer attitude when competing. If both acted like complete twats off the court then you could criticise more. But from what ive heard or read, Novak is quite a good bloke to fans outside the game

Won’t even get the love then honestly. Most Fed fans will probably choose Nadal next or one of the nextgen players.

Pretty sure that most people don’t like Djokovic because of his personality. That’s why I don’t like him and I have heard the same from many others. There is no changing that.

He’ll get more of the love when Fed retires and Nadal really only is relevant on the clay.

Don’t have an issue with his personality, he is quite nice and has a laugh off the court.

Tig017

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
The guy pretended to almost die to throw Murray off in a final here, no one with any level of human decency likes or wants anything to do with the guy.
Hahaha, you sure he wasn't distracted by his wedding ring swinging around on his shoelace? Murray's a professional choker, no need to get sour grapes. :$

Back