Grand Slam Australian Open (Day 14, Mens Final)

Thiem v Djokovic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Djokovic has also returned to the #1 ranking.

He needs at least 35 more weeks to equal and surpass Federer as the player with the most weeks at #1.
If he gets out of europe with the #1 ranking, he will probably keep it for the rest of the year.

Big if though. Though Nadal is defending the French and Rome, it is not as much as he usually has to defend. And neither of them is really defending much in IW/Miami.

If he gets out of europe with the #1 ranking, he will probably keep it for the rest of the year.

Big if though. Though Nadal is defending the French and Rome, it is not as much as he usually has to defend. And neither of them is really defending much in IW/Miami.

Surely Novak doesn’t have as many this year to defend on the clay don’t remember last years clay season being great for him

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Djokovic is an absolute champion, but his tactical injury timeouts are probably a blight on him even if they're in the rules of the game it's probably a little unsportsmanlike.

Djokovic is an absolute champion, but his tactical injury timeouts are probably a blight on him even if they're in the rules of the game it's probably a little unsportsmanlike.

He’s barely taken a MTO in about 5 years...took less MTO’s than Federer this tournament

His one at the end of the 3rd set seemed tactical to me that's all I'm saying, did he elaborate on what the injury is post game ?

In the press conference basically said he was dehydrated that’s what the doctor said. No issue last night wasn’t tactical in my view. Least it was end of the set unlike Yastremska and her trash

He’s barely taken a MTO in about 5 years...took less MTO’s than Federer this tournament
That's simply not true. Paris 2015, US v Stan etc.

He's taken plenty.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Yeah this thread is such a tiresome read. Filled with people whinging about the crowd. Where’s the actual tennis talk?

Same thing happens every year when the Novak fanboys get upset. Crowd whinging honestly needs its own thread.
yeah. hate to say it that they are hypocrites.

They are the first to bag out the crowd for the Federer love-in but when the crowd doesn't show any support for their man, they say a crowd lacks respect.

So what is it you want? You want a Big 3 lovefest(in which case, you can't bag Fed) or something more neutral. And the crowd was neutral. they wanted a match. If you want to see a hostile crowd, rewatch the Li Na v Azarenka final all those years ago.

yeah. hate to say it that they are hypocrites.

They are the first to bag out the crowd for the Federer love-in but when the crowd doesn't show any support for their man, they say a crowd lacks respect.

So what is it you want? You want a Big 3 lovefest(in which case, you can't bag Fed) or something more neutral. And the crowd was neutral. they wanted a match. If you want to see a hostile crowd, rewatch the Li Na v Azarenka final all those years ago.
And Federer fans aren't hypocrites?

If Novak fans disdain the Federer fans so much, why do they demand we act like them? Just a personal observation.

I hate the crowds in Federer matches btw.
Say what now?

I'm just asking if you think Federer fans are hypocrites to?

winner Madrid, runner up Rome. Semifinal, FO.

Nada has 2 semis(Monte Carlo, Madrid) and 2 wins.(Rome and FO)

That isn’t too difficult for Novak and if he’s number 1 he’d avoid Theim and or Nadal till final (2 v 3 in semi)

That's only the 2 I recall off the top of my head. He's done it more than that in the past 5 years.

Federer and or any other player would do it just as much. Novak doesn’t abuse the MTO unlike Yastremska

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
That's life. Famous people are spoken about.

Djokovic seemed to be fairly good friends with Bryant, so not sure why anyone should have a crack at him over his speech. Djokovic started crying the other day post match when talking about Bryant.

Because the internet is full of horrendous degenerate filth who will invent whatever scenario they wish to justify their hatred of a person, no matter whether there's even a grain of truth to it.

Christ I'm loving guzzling the salty tears today. I really do hope Novak gets past 20 and then piles a few more on just so he can make sure it'll be a long, long time that those mutts who consistently go after him have to grind their teeth while looking at the all-time winners list.

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Novak played some great tennis. This guy is special. Thiem hats off gave it plenty and the crowd got their monies worth. Naturally the main street media had to have their scandal moment and they got it. I had no problems with the crowd and the umpire I think jumped the gun on the time violation. Foot tap was a storm in a tea cup and the sarcasm was first class.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel empty and lost without any AO to watch tonight, my life is borderline meaningless
I turn on the TV about 10 minutes ago, first time it's been on since last night so it's still on channel 9. To my horror, married at first sight is on. TV straight back off. It's ok, only 351 more days til AO 2021 begins.

Back