Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Medvedev in 5

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
"Low iq" a classic narcissist statement by a rich tennis player.

What he did to the chair umpires was worse then he plays the violin strings lol,Turn it up!

He’s right. It’s dumb. Cheering wildly for an unforced error or calling out between first and second serves or simply making noise when the players have taken up their serve/receive position. It’s ******* dumb and he was dead right.

Didn’t go about voicing his frustration the right way but he was entitled to be pissed off by it

But a mob boo is fine and accepted. It isn't a football match, but folks have turned it into that. I agree with him, booing, jeering is low IQ and poor tennis etiquette. Being Russian, he isn't going to mince words. That's what Slavs do. That's where he erred. Australian's frown against that. But booing and jeering? Wow! Go for your life mate!! It's as Australian as a meat pie!

Re Ball kids and the distribution of balls, that's his thing - like Djokovic bouncing the ball a million time (not surprisingly something else that irks a lot of folks who watch tennis). But Rafa picking his arse crack, adjusting his top, wiping his brow and nose before every point. All ok!!
What? When did I condone booing and jeering 🤣 It’s awful and I don’t even boo at the footy mate, thanks…don’t make stuff up to suit your narrative.
As for the ball kids, he can certainly ask to have the balls where he wants them and how…POLITELY
All he does is abuse and name call people, if you think that’s ok then cool…most of us don’t think it is. If Rafa yelled at people and called them idiots while he was adjusting his undies I don’t think that would be ok either.

As for ‘Slavs’ I was born there so please don’t tell me ‘what we do’ 🙄

Last edited:
He’s right. It’s dumb. Cheering wildly for an unforced error or calling out between first and second serves or simply making noise when the players have taken up their serve/receive position. It’s ******* dumb and he was dead right.

Didn’t go about voicing his frustration the right way but he was entitled to be pissed off by it
But he was worse when carrying on like a two year old on crack at the chair umpire.
Both are bad.
I hated that soooi chant,disgrace.
i have some good slav friends so this is not a racist thing either btw.

When Novak got sent home,we were called Nazis and everything under the Sun.

"Low iq" a classic narcissist statement by a rich tennis player.

What he did to the chair umpires was worse then he plays the violin strings lol,Turn it up!

Some nutcase Anti vaxxer blamed the vaccine for the crowd display on soshal medya.

World is mad.

Your comments in this thread suggest you have entered this Mad World.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly i was onboard with Med the whole time. Dummy spits are part of tennis (individual sports etc etc) even his low key trolling was pretty funny to me but to crack the sads and be all "I dont wanna play anymore" after youve purposefully set yourself up to be the villain all week is just weird and sad, i kinda doubt hes going to actually skip the slams to play some Russian tournament and i also kinda doubt the crowd in France and England will give two shits about what he did here but hes made himself the villain at Oz and US and if he doesnt want hostile crowds in the future hes going to have to work pretty hard to win them back. Whinging that they arent being fair wont do it.

I am consistent in that I don't like booing at any sport BECAUSE it is negative energy - Nothing beats the roaring, cheering and crescendo of passionate supporters which creates positive energy - There was a world of difference between Saturday and Sunday night's crowd.

Anyway the tennis continues this week at Pune, Cordoba and Montpellier with Thiem featuring at Cordoba.

Yet never critical of Novax's illegal actions? Interesting.

We are discussing crowd reactions in two separate matches concerning Na/Azaranka and Nadal/Medvedev which seems to be related to grunting/screeching and time-wasting type tactics - I never realised that Djokovic was playing in these matches.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Australian's seem to have an obsession with using the term 'spoilt brat' to describe tennis players - We would do better if we actually showed greater support for these tennis players at the Australian Open - After all we enjoy the privilege of having elite athletes at our doorstep but yet parts of society and the media want to use derogatory terms to describe tennis players - The behaviour of fans is by far a bigger issue - Australia needs to get better and more proactively support the biggest annual sporting event held in Australia.
No thanks mate.

Tennis is a nice little side show while we wait for the other sports to start back up and blokes who swing their racket at the Umpire shouldn't be getting support anywhere.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly i was onboard with Med the whole time. Dummy spits are part of tennis (individual sports etc etc) even his low key trolling was pretty funny to me but to crack the sads and be all "I dont wanna play anymore" after youve purposefully set yourself up to be the villain all week is just weird and sad, i kinda doubt hes going to actually skip the slams to play some Russian tournament and i also kinda doubt the crowd in France and England will give two shits about what he did here but hes made himself the villain at Oz and US and if he doesnt want hostile crowds in the future hes going to have to work pretty hard to win them back. Whinging that they arent being fair wont do it.
When he looked at Rafa during the presentation and said “aren’t you tired?” Lols

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It was some sort of final, Medvedev would probably still be kicking himself as he really shouldn't have lost.

Yes and no. In the third set the match was really on his racquet especially at 0-40 and 3-2 up but from that game onwards it looked like Nadal was the one dictating which to me suggests that it wasn’t so much a choke - ie. Nadal really had to up his game and did so, medvedev dropped a bit perhaps but it was Nadal making more of the play and medvedev trying to go with him whereas it had been the other way around until then

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes and no. In the third set the match was really on his racquet especially at 0-40 and 3-2 up but from that game onwards it looked like Nadal was the one dictating which to me suggests that it wasn’t so much a choke - ie. Nadal really had to up his game and did so, medvedev dropped a bit perhaps but it was Nadal making more of the play and medvedev trying to go with him whereas it had been the other way around until then
I think Nadal was seriously struggling to grip the racquet properly for the first couple sets. He was making so many uncharacteristic errors. As it cooled off he became less sweaty and started dictating terms.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-200116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-200116_Samsung Internet.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 58
Back