• Total voters

pepsi

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Thread starter #1
Will it be slam #20 for fed or #2 for cilic. Hopefully it's a hard fought match either way. The end to a great Aus Open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wce4premiership

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Beautiful picture, like a ballet dancer's feet.

Anyway, I will be supporting Federer but by no means expect a victory, nothing is granted and Cilic has troubled him before but has been unlucky on a few occasions. I think he'll definitely get a set, maybe the opening one, but I think Federer's belief now is stronger and he'll fight back to take it in 4.

I'd love a 5 setter, for the crowd's sake and to end the tournament on a good note after some unfortunate injuries to the better players.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Cilic in 4. Federer yet to be tested, Marin having overcome Rafa will go in full of confidence.

Shane_Mag

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel United, Man United, LA Lakers
Federer to win in straight sets in 90 mins

pepsi

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Thread starter #10
Federer has not needed to play his best yet this tournament and is yet to drop a set. He'd probably win tonight in 3 or 4 sets, depending on whether Cilic can take the opportunity that will present in one of the sets.

bullish23

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
The end to a great Aus Open.
On the men’s side it’s been diabolical. Withdrawal after withdrawal. A whole generation of young players who can’t even take one set over two weeks off a champ (yes he is goat but he is 36). Another returning champ who seems to believe in the power of the mind over modern surgery.

Needs a decent final otherwise one of the worst slams I can recall. Expecting a walkover thou. Don’t trust Cilic against the very best under the bright lights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acinath

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
On the men’s side it’s been diabolical. Withdrawal after withdrawal. A whole generation of young players who can’t even take one set over two weeks off a champ (yes he is goat but he is 36). Another returning champ who seems to believe in the power of the mind over modern surgery.

Needs a decent final otherwise one of the worst slams I can recall. Expecting a walkover thou. Don’t trust Cilic against the very best under the bright lights.
Bring back Lleyton!

juss

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Cilic in 4. Federer yet to be tested, Marin having overcome Rafa will go in full of confidence.
When Rafa retired in the 5th?
Didnt exactly "overcome" him did he?

Federer in 4.
Cilic wins the second set before Federer corrects.

Vdubs

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Want Fed to win this so much, but I fear he hasn't had any pressure like he's going to get tonight.
Expectations are all Fed.
Somehow, I think he may fall short tonight, literally and...

Acinath

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't find Andy Maher funny at all, but he would be absolutely roasting in that outfit right now

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Expect Fed to win, would like him to win, won't be upset at all if Cilic wins. Hoping it's another good match like last night.

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, NY Rangers
Is Rogers spaghetti ad music supposed to sound Italian? It's Greek for some reason.

Lethality

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, NY Rangers
He's not the goat at all. He hasn't hit 20 slams yet. Serena did that a fair while back!

Fed will win in straight sets tonight.
Serena is perhaps the best female, but she's not in the conversation of best overall currently, let alone of all time

Top Bottom