Australian Open - Day 14

Federer or Cilic?

• Federer

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • Cilic

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful picture, like a ballet dancer's feet.

Anyway, I will be supporting Federer but by no means expect a victory, nothing is granted and Cilic has troubled him before but has been unlucky on a few occasions. I think he'll definitely get a set, maybe the opening one, but I think Federer's belief now is stronger and he'll fight back to take it in 4.

I'd love a 5 setter, for the crowd's sake and to end the tournament on a good note after some unfortunate injuries to the better players.

Cilic in 4. Federer yet to be tested, Marin having overcome Rafa will go in full of confidence.

Federer has not needed to play his best yet this tournament and is yet to drop a set. He'd probably win tonight in 3 or 4 sets, depending on whether Cilic can take the opportunity that will present in one of the sets.

The end to a great Aus Open.

On the men’s side it’s been diabolical. Withdrawal after withdrawal. A whole generation of young players who can’t even take one set over two weeks off a champ (yes he is goat but he is 36). Another returning champ who seems to believe in the power of the mind over modern surgery.

Needs a decent final otherwise one of the worst slams I can recall. Expecting a walkover thou. Don’t trust Cilic against the very best under the bright lights.

On the men’s side it’s been diabolical. Withdrawal after withdrawal. A whole generation of young players who can’t even take one set over two weeks off a champ (yes he is goat but he is 36). Another returning champ who seems to believe in the power of the mind over modern surgery.

Needs a decent final otherwise one of the worst slams I can recall. Expecting a walkover thou. Don’t trust Cilic against the very best under the bright lights.

Bring back Lleyton!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want Fed to win this so much, but I fear he hasn't had any pressure like he's going to get tonight.
Expectations are all Fed.
Somehow, I think he may fall short tonight, literally and...

He's not the goat at all. He hasn't hit 20 slams yet. Serena did that a fair while back!

Fed will win in straight sets tonight.

Serena is perhaps the best female, but she's not in the conversation of best overall currently, let alone of all time

Back