Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did what he needed to do, didn’t exert too much energy. Gets tough from here though.

After the first time violation on serve, if you do it again you lose your first serve and only get to serve a second serve. This stays the same for the match.

4th round is his cap on this surface. Unless he gets a soft 4th round opponent.
Ohhhh my bad.

Cheers for the correction

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Kyrgios' Press Conference:

- "I could beat 75% of the draw with the form that I am in"
- He is completely unaware about Tomic's comments last night.
- Unconvincingly said that he would play Davis Cup and unconvincingly says that he supports Hewitt.

Kyrgios' Press Conference:

- "I could beat 75% of the draw with the form that I am in"
- He is completely unaware about Tomic's comments last night.
- Unconvincingly said that he would play Davis Cup and unconvincingly says that he supports Hewitt.

I thought he handled himself very well.

Praised Raonic, Said he thought he played reasonably well, Said he would make himself available for Davis cup but doubted he would get picked because of the depth which he also said was a good thing for tennis.

The Hewitt comment was unconvincing but it was a good press conference

Actually it's the 3rd of the tournament. And it's an absolute s**t way to end a grand slam battle.
Agree it’s crap.

Hopefully their poster boy Federer loses this way. You can be guaranteed that they will change it then.

This match is pretty interesting. I would love for Thiem to win but I would also like Paire to win. So I am a bit torn.

Thiem having a Round 1 exit doesn't sit well with me though.. Onto the 5th set to see how this goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully their poster boy Federer loses this way. You can be guaranteed that they will change it then.
All 4 slams have a final set tiebreak and you seriously expect that there is a chance that the AO will reverse their decision?

Advantage sets are history and good riddance, however a final set TB at 6-6 is ridiculous.

I do agree with Nick if the draw panned out different he'd have made the 3rd or 4th round, but he really should be playing better at this stage of his career, it's pretty disappointing.

All 4 slams have a final set tiebreak and you seriously expect that there is a chance that the AO will reverse their decision?

Advantage sets are history and good riddance, however a final set TB at 6-6 is ridiculous.
French Open still doesn't, and up until this year it was only the USO that did. Match tiebreak is stupid. The advantage set was always dramatic and great to watch. I think Wimbledon got it right, 12 all tiebreak gives the best of both worlds. It's a decision made for TV by the tournament.

Day 2 Seeds Out:

(10) Daria Kasatkina - 3415 - Defending 70 - Loses 60 - New Points: 3355
(17) Marco Cecchinato - 1889 - Defending 29 - Loses 19 - New Points: 1870
(25) Mihaela Buzarnescu - 1700 - Defending 10 - Loses 0 - New Points: 1700
(26) Dominika Cibulkova - 1735 - Defending 10 - Loses 0 - New Points: 1735

Not much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back